Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

pregnancy and gatorade

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2014 at 10:17 PM
  • 17 Replies
I'm 33 weeks 6 days and I was told I'm severely dehydrated by the doctor. I've been drinking water constantly and 2 weeks later nothing has changed... Anyone know how much Gatorade I can drink?

Thanks 😏
by on Jul. 16, 2014 at 10:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DACIA79
by Silver Member on Jul. 16, 2014 at 10:21 PM

I would go to the E.R and have them give you fluids through a I.V and then maintain your fluid intake from there.

NeonGirl9583
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2014 at 10:23 PM
I drunk about 5 bottles a day when I was pregnant.
nebcutie
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2014 at 10:23 PM
I was never told a limit but if i get bad i go get iv fluids.
FullTimeMom1012
by Member on Jul. 16, 2014 at 10:25 PM
That's how we found out I was dehydrated. I tried going in to labor so dh took me up there.. They said they were going to give me iv fluids but never brought the machine in and just sent me home 3 hours later. I'm still kinda confused at that whole night and the doctor on call was extremely rude.

Quoting DACIA79:

I would go to the E.R and have them give you fluids through a I.V and then maintain your fluid intake from there.

DACIA79
by Silver Member on Jul. 16, 2014 at 10:28 PM

I would go back to the E.R . I would also file a complaint. That's ridiculous

Quoting FullTimeMom1012: That's how we found out I was dehydrated. I tried going in to labor so DH took me up there.. They said they were going to give me iv fluids but never brought the machine in and just sent me home 3 hours later. I'm still kinda confused at that whole night and the doctor on call was extremely rude.
Quoting DACIA79:

booaura
by Aurabella on Jul. 17, 2014 at 1:27 AM
No limit. If you are that dehydrated, call your dr in the morning to get some IV fluids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FullTimeMom1012
by Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 1:30 AM
This happened a few weeks ago and I'm still pretty dehydrated. I just went to my Dr this past Monday and not a word about it so I guess they aren't worried but why would the hospital be?

Quoting booaura: No limit. If you are that dehydrated, call your dr in the morning to get some IV fluids.
booaura
by Aurabella on Jul. 17, 2014 at 1:37 AM
Your doctor knows you best. Your OB knows best what to expect in pregnancy. An ER or a hospitalist won't be familiar with your normal, and probably doesn't do a lot with pregnancies, so it's never a good idea to go anywhere but to YOUR dr, unless it is a true emergency.

Quoting FullTimeMom1012: This happened a few weeks ago and I'm still pretty dehydrated. I just went to my Dr this past Monday and not a word about it so I guess they aren't worried but why would the hospital be?

Quoting booaura: No limit. If you are that dehydrated, call your dr in the morning to get some IV fluids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FullTimeMom1012
by Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 1:40 AM
I'm not a fan of that hospital I went to but I was barely 31 weeks, it was 2 am, I was contracting pretty bad and that hospital is only a 15 minute drive compared to the hour drive to the hospital my ob works for. 😡

Quoting booaura: Your doctor knows you best. Your OB knows best what to expect in pregnancy. An ER or a hospitalist won't be familiar with your normal, and probably doesn't do a lot with pregnancies, so it's never a good idea to go anywhere but to YOUR dr, unless it is a true emergency.

Quoting FullTimeMom1012: This happened a few weeks ago and I'm still pretty dehydrated. I just went to my Dr this past Monday and not a word about it so I guess they aren't worried but why would the hospital be?

MixedCooke
by on Jul. 17, 2014 at 2:18 AM

heck gatorade was like the only thing I could drink for a long while since even water was making me vomit! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)