Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

How long did you wait to have sex after baby was born?

Posted by on Jul. 17, 2014 at 2:21 AM
  • 130 Replies
1 mom liked this

What is this I hear about six weeks.? Does that include cunnlingus ? Six weeks? Are you kidding me? What am I going to do? I can't even go a day. And what is this I read about cunnlingus during pregnancy getting an air bubble? Is that a joke? How long did you lady's wait till you engaged in sexual activity? How the hell did you manage? No Masturbation? I get healing time but seriously is there anything I can do to make it faster so I can return to my normal life? Kegels? Raspberry tea? Anything? 

by on Jul. 17, 2014 at 2:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
courtAKAmommy
by Bronze Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 2:41 AM
8 moms liked this
I waited the full 6 weeks a little longer with my first because I was still sore. You can cause yourself to have to go longer without if you don't wait. Even if you feel fine! Give your body time to rest! I love sex just as much as anyone and could go for it several times a day but I take care of my body first. Clit stimulation I'm sure is fine but honestly if this is your first your under estimating the discomfort you'll be in.
want10more
by Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 3:22 AM

air bubble is not true. masturbation can be done as soon as you feel comfy. 6 weeks is about right, to let you heal. but of course oral doesn't count. kegels are always good, at least to help you not pee! heh. but really, give yourself that time to heal. if you don't? you'll prolong the wait. remember your body needs time, it's your MIND that wants to GO GO GO.

2littledaisies
by Bronze Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 5:08 AM
I did a little sooner with dd#2 but I had no stitches or anything.. It's safer to just wait it out though.
Mom2five87
by Bronze Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 5:46 AM
I waited 2 weeks with all 4 of my vaginal births and 3 weeks after my c-section. My doctor said it was fine whenever I felt ready.
JessiFaye
by Silver Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 6:36 AM
I waited until I was back on birth control. Also, I bled for five weeks, so even if I had wanted to, there was no way. I was also too tired. lol
Bump2b
by Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 6:59 AM
I had stitches both times so needed for them to heal first + I bleed quite heavily for the first few weeks. Sex was the last thing on my mind with the amount of blood & tenderness in the area so we waited 7 weeks for first & 5 weeks with second.
Bump2b
by Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 7:02 AM
2 moms liked this
Might also add that colicky newborn baby, engorged boobs, sleep deprivation were factors in the lack of desire.
MommyRush
by on Jul. 17, 2014 at 7:19 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm waiting the full 6 weeks and then jumping on that the day I come back from the doctors lol
DixonBabies
by Bronze Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 7:21 AM

3 weeks with my first 5 with my second. And I only waited 5 because dh was an on the road truck driver at that time. 

kaykay61713
by Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 8:10 AM
We waited about 8 weeks with dd but I had stitches from one end to the other. Even now sex is kind of uncomfortable from it. He cut into the muscle so it took me longer to feel ok with trying. Also I push pushed for about two hours and dd came out sunny side up so I was very very sore and tired. Then after that one time we had sex I started bleeding again because of my birth control and it didnt stop for another 2 months.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN