Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

help!! co-sleeping parents :)

Posted by on Jul. 17, 2014 at 7:13 AM
  • 27 Replies
So I co sleep with my dd. I love it. I hate her being so far away from me (in another room). But I know with my big belly and need for a body pillow, I am going to have to either start putting her in her own bed, or kick it on the couch for 7 months. So how did you decide what to do? How did you switch them? How did they react? Did you feel guilty later for making them sleep alone? What do I do if she doesn't take it well? Any help or advice would be wonderful. I am greatly accepting to a range of parenting methods so feel free to comment whatever.
by on Jul. 17, 2014 at 7:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mychinababy
by Bronze Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 8:31 AM
We set up a toddler bed in our room for our (at the time) one year old. It worked out great! A few times he'd wake up and come get in our bed but usually just see us and go back to sleep.
kaykay61713
by Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 8:38 AM
Dd is extremely mommy attached. I am going to invest in a mattress and toddler bed but set it in my room and see how she does sleeping alone first. Once she is asleep she sleeps all night but im just nervous she isn't going to do good in transition. I love co sleeping but on a queen, with a 1 year old, and being as big as I was just wont work... thanks for the advice :)

Quoting mychinababy: We set up a toddler bed in our room for our (at the time) one year old. It worked out great! A few times he'd wake up and come get in our bed but usually just see us and go back to sleep.
GodsAmiga
by Silver Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 8:58 AM
1 mom liked this

When my girls transitioned I started out sitting or laying with them and playing with their hair. Both of them loved falling asleep to that. 

kaykay61713
by Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 9:43 AM
Dd likes laying her head on my shoulder with my arm wrapped around her. And she has to have a fan. Cant sleep without a humming sound. I have tried music but it keeps her up. I dont have a spare fan either. I went to grab one from walmart but they didnt have one that would have been loud enough. They were all tiny so ill have to go back and see what I can find. :)

Quoting GodsAmiga:

When my girls transitioned I started out sitting or laying with them and playing with their hair. Both of them loved falling asleep to that. 

1wildchild
by Gold Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 9:47 AM
1 mom liked this
Transition baby to a toddler bed in your room or to their own bed in their own room. To get my kids used to their own rooms I just kept a routine and stay with them in their room until they fell asleep, as they got used to it they would fall asleep quicker each time and eventually I could just put them to bed awake and they'd fall asleep on their own. Consistency is the key no matter what you do I think.
momoftwins19871
by Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 1:08 PM
1 mom liked this

Still co sleeping because it makes nursing so much easier.

acclbentz
by Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 1:24 PM
1 mom liked this

Transition to a toddler bed instead of a crib, and make a bedtime routine. With DD, we did dinner, bathtime, movie/settle down time, book read, and then bedtime. DS, we kept the same routine when we were ready to move him as well. Both kids know that they're still welcome to come down and snuggle in bed with DH and I (and DS usually does end up in bed with us in the wee hours of the morning), but keeping consistant with that routine as well as a specific time for bedtime has helped a ton.

themissheather
by Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 4:00 PM

DF, my pregnant self, and our 2yr old all currently share a queen. We make it work. Although, I'm still not really sure where I'm going to put the baby in a few weeks. lol

kaykay61713
by Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 4:33 PM
Thats my thing. I started co sleeping for nursing. It was way easier to just co sleep then get out of bed run to her room in the dark. I could just whip it out and feed her lol. But if she keeps sleeping with us I wont be able to do that with this one. I planned to switch her over anyways because I would like my side of the bed back lol. We have a queen but df takes half of the bed.

Quoting themissheather:

DF, my pregnant self, and our 2yr old all currently share a queen. We make it work. Although, I'm still not really sure where I'm going to put the baby in a few weeks. lol

jessnursemom
by New Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 5:20 PM
1 mom liked this

I was thinking the same thing. Although my daughter is 7 and she just sneaks into our room from her own bed.  i am considering putting a twin bed at the end of our bed or beside our bed so if she feels the need to be close to us she can just get into that bed or I can sleep on it. :)  It is going to be nice to have when the baby is born and Im co-sleeping.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN