Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

measuring to big

Posted by on Jul. 17, 2014 at 12:35 PM
  • 8 Replies
So I'm 25 weeks..had and appointment today and I'm messuring at 29 cm...any one had this happen to them?
by on Jul. 17, 2014 at 12:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Serabeth06
by Bronze Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 12:40 PM

I went in for an appointment at 31 weeks, measured 33 weeks 4 days, he was about 5 pounds on his ultrasound. Did they do an ultrasound? Anything 3 cm or more over on a fundus measurement, my OB does an ultrasound. It could just be excess fluids, the due date could be off, or the baby could be measuring big. I wouldn't worry unless they give you a reason to.

lilmama8408
by Silver Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 12:43 PM
Baby could be sitting funny. Higher fluid amount.
My babies are just big.
You could also have GD.

Remember US can be off in weight measurements
devoted31
by on Jul. 17, 2014 at 12:47 PM

I wouldn't stress about it. My last appointment I was measuring "big". A lot can go into it - position of the baby, how full your bladder is, etc. Unless you are consistently measuring "big" I wouldn't put any more thought into it at all. 

jomelte
by Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 1:09 PM
They are doing an ultrasound in 3 weeks. . And I've lost weight so they aren't too worried about GD

Quoting Serabeth06:

I went in for an appointment at 31 weeks, measured 33 weeks 4 days, he was about 5 pounds on his ultrasound. Did they do an ultrasound? Anything 3 cm or more over on a fundus measurement, my OB does an ultrasound. It could just be excess fluids, the due date could be off, or the baby could be measuring big. I wouldn't worry unless they give you a reason to.

Serabeth06
by Bronze Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 1:12 PM

I wouldn't worry about it, then. My babies are always just on the big side.

Quoting jomelte: They are doing an ultrasound in 3 weeks. . And I've lost weight so they aren't too worried about GD
Quoting Serabeth06:

Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 7:48 PM

All mine I measured 2-5 weeks ahead. Up to two ahead or behind is normal. There are so many things that go into it. Extra fluid, off on dates(since it's just and estimate), position of baby, position of uterus, position of placenta, baby's size can play into and other things.

My second and third I was constantly 4-5 weeks ahead. It was never a big deal.

Heather2001
by Heather on Jul. 17, 2014 at 9:49 PM

I was measuring 26 cm at my 23 weeks appointment - my midwife wasn't concerned.

24Mom2Be
by Silver Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 11:00 PM
I was measuring 32 at my 28w, 34 at my 30w. I had a growth u/s and he is normal for his due date.

I do have GD but my fluid is in the normal, his growth is normal, just not my fundal.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN