Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

when to see ob?

Posted by on Jul. 17, 2014 at 2:43 PM
  • 24 Replies
I found out I was pregnant . And made a doctors appt with my obgyn and they wont see anyone under 8 weeks at the earliest. Has anyone else heard of this? With my 4 yr old son I didnt wait that long. Just a worry wart and think its kind of long to get seen.
by on Jul. 17, 2014 at 2:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Larsbug
by Laura on Jul. 17, 2014 at 2:45 PM

that's pretty standard for most doctors...not my doctor but most

Mommyofryry
by New Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 2:50 PM
1 mom liked this
Okay! Thanks :) just freaked me out. I was like I have to wait another 4 weeks :( lol. But my doctor is amazing so ill suck it up and wait :)
oliveoil423
by Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 2:50 PM
Its pretty commen now for them to see you at 8weeks. My doctors office does it to. They want to make sure you wont have any complication with the pregnancy like mostly a miscarriage. My sister in law just saw her ob yesterday till she got her medicade up and running again.
Serabeth06
by Bronze Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 2:51 PM

My OB doesn't see patients for anything but pregnancy tests before 8 weeks. I didn't go this pregnancy until 14 weeks.

Mommyofryry
by New Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 3:29 PM
Maybe im just a worry wart! :) just kind of freaks me out lol.
mommy211983
by Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 3:59 PM

My doctors both did them at 9 weeks. So its normal.

DACIA79
by Silver Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 4:02 PM
I've heard some say 12 weeks. With this pregnancy I was 5 weeks.
tinkerxbell
by Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 4:05 PM

8 weeks is normal, that's when I saw my Ob the first time this time. With my son my OB at the time wouldn't see anyone until 12 weeks.

Mrs.Smith080808
by Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 4:05 PM

Our doctor wont do anything but schedule a dating ultrasound and then refer you to the maternity clinic that wont see you untill you are more then 12 weeks along.  The maternity clinic calls and sets up your apt based on your ultrasound and then you go from there. I stayed with my doctor until I was around the 24 week mark since he works at the mat clinic anyways, and then I requested to be sent to the mat clinic so I didn't have to deal with his incompetant receptionists anymore

momma112206
by New Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 4:08 PM
My ob won't see you until 12 weeks
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)