Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

anyone has placenta previa???

Posted by on Jul. 18, 2014 at 12:38 AM
  • 8 Replies
Wondering if anyone has complete previa I am 24weeks nervous and scared about deliverying with a complete previa and the risk.
by on Jul. 18, 2014 at 12:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Jul. 19, 2014 at 9:28 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
evilangel198431
by Bronze Member on Jul. 19, 2014 at 9:30 PM
1 mom liked this
I had it but it moved. If you still have it at time of delivery they will have to do a cesarean.
Peephy
by Member on Jul. 19, 2014 at 9:34 PM

I currently have a 'partial" previa - which totally bums me out, especially if it doesn't move before labor b/c I really wanted to do the VBAC and not have a c-section.  

Sixandus
by Member on Jul. 19, 2014 at 10:27 PM
1 mom liked this
I had it and ended up with emergency c section because my water broke causing the placenta to pull off the wall. But everything turned out ok because he is a healthy happy three year old. My advice is to just take it easy and don't over do it and I would request another ultrasound later down the road so they can take another look. They missed mine so with this one I am going to have more ultrasounds if I have to pretend to be in pain lol. It's very scary but things can still work out fine. Good luck!
JenniferP96
by Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 11:49 AM
1 mom liked this
Mine is headed that way. She implanted really low. My high risk ob said it may move, but if not, we will need a csection to protect us both. The placenta could deliver before the baby which could kill her and cause me to hemorrhage. She knows a Vbac is really important to me so she said we will do anything we can to make that possible. Right now, all you can do is watch and see.
.PinkHart.
by Bronze Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 1:57 PM
1 mom liked this
A complete previa has to be a csection. I had it it with my first, a partial with my second and marginal with this one.
sherylblandon
by New Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 2:43 PM
Thank you so much makes me feel a little better and to think positive. I am just concerned with the risk that can occur while the c section. I have another ultrasound in 2 wks

Quoting Sixandus: I had it and ended up with emergency c section because my water broke causing the placenta to pull off the wall. But everything turned out ok because he is a healthy happy three year old. My advice is to just take it easy and don't over do it and I would request another ultrasound later down the road so they can take another look. They missed mine so with this one I am going to have more ultrasounds if I have to pretend to be in pain lol. It's very scary but things can still work out fine. Good luck!
Sixandus
by Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 2:51 PM
Having a c-section is definitely scary but in the end it may be safer than a vaginal delivery. Just remember whichever way will be what's good for the baby and you.

Quoting sherylblandon: Thank you so much makes me feel a little better and to think positive. I am just concerned with the risk that can occur while the c section. I have another ultrasound in 2 wks

Quoting Sixandus: I had it and ended up with emergency c section because my water broke causing the placenta to pull off the wall. But everything turned out ok because he is a healthy happy three year old. My advice is to just take it easy and don't over do it and I would request another ultrasound later down the road so they can take another look. They missed mine so with this one I am going to have more ultrasounds if I have to pretend to be in pain lol. It's very scary but things can still work out fine. Good luck!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN