Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Nursing and I want to stop!!!!

Posted by on Jul. 19, 2014 at 12:51 AM
  • 13 Replies
I'm 7 months pregnant, and I desperately need a break from nursing. My youngest 1 1/2 and has no intention of stopping. He still won't sleep through the night, and loves the boob. What can I do!? I need a break before the baby comes.

Please help!!
by on Jul. 19, 2014 at 12:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TiffanyJanelle
by Bronze Member on Jul. 19, 2014 at 1:02 AM
Sorry I dont know what to telk you but if you keep nursing him at least you'll have a great milk supply for the new baby
Glitter_Shart
by Member on Jul. 19, 2014 at 1:07 AM
I'm worried that my supply will adjust to my oldest one and not the baby.

Quoting TiffanyJanelle: Sorry I dont know what to telk you but if you keep nursing him at least you'll have a great milk supply for the new baby
booaura
by Aurabella on Jul. 19, 2014 at 1:22 AM
1 mom liked this
Your body will adjust the milk to your new baby. I nursed through my last pregnancy, he and my baby are still nursing at 2 years and almost 6 months. I'm going to nurse through this pregnancy and for a few months after at least because I won't use formula for dd, and she won't be a year until after my due date.

If you want to stop though, wean him. Cut down slowly, one feeding a week.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TiffanyJanelle
by Bronze Member on Jul. 19, 2014 at 1:24 AM
Maybe you should try only feeding him at night when he can't sleep and during the day just don't give him the boob and maybe eventually he'll get used to you feeding him less

Quoting Glitter_Shart: I'm worried that my supply will adjust to my oldest one and not the baby.

Quoting TiffanyJanelle: Sorry I dont know what to telk you but if you keep nursing him at least you'll have a great milk supply for the new baby
Glitter_Shart
by Member on Jul. 19, 2014 at 1:26 AM
I did cut him down. I had stopped during the day. Now he wants the boob more than ever.

Quoting TiffanyJanelle: Maybe you should try only feeding him at night when he can't sleep and during the day just don't give him the boob and maybe eventually he'll get used to you feeding him less

Quoting Glitter_Shart: I'm worried that my supply will adjust to my oldest one and not the baby.

Glitter_Shart
by Member on Jul. 19, 2014 at 1:27 AM
I did cut him down. I had stopped during the day. Now he wants the boob more than ever.

Quoting TiffanyJanelle: Maybe you should try only feeding him at night when he can't sleep and during the day just don't give him the boob and maybe eventually he'll get used to you feeding him less

TiffanyJanelle
by Bronze Member on Jul. 19, 2014 at 1:32 AM
Maybe you should talk to a lactation consultant they might have an idea on what you can do. But have you tried pumping and giving him a bottle

Quoting Glitter_Shart: I did cut him down. I had stopped during the day. Now he wants the boob more than ever.

HIJKLM
by Member on Jul. 19, 2014 at 1:47 AM
1 mom liked this
Maybe I'm a worrier but I'd be concerned with the oxytocin from BFing causing early contractions or labor.

Do you co sleep? Maybe transitioning to his own bed will decrease feeding.

Will he take a glass of water instead of BFing?

Try waking him all the way up so he's eating and not pacifying. If he's not hungry he'll want to stop sooner.

Have you tried pumping and giving cups of milk instead of breast?

Also, try wearing perfume. It can mask the scent of your milk so he's not smelling it and wanting it.

Fun fact: your baby can smell your distinct milk from up to 100ft away.
amar1234
by Bronze Member on Jul. 19, 2014 at 1:53 AM
1 mom liked this
I rem my time... Omg...its hard to do..babies are so smart... They wont stop easily... But u dont givup....it will take 2weeks max...give baby bottle with big whole... Hope it helps....
Glitter_Shart
by Member on Jul. 19, 2014 at 2:46 AM
Yep. He's never taken a bottle or sippy cup

Quoting TiffanyJanelle: Maybe you should talk to a lactation consultant they might have an idea on what you can do. But have you tried pumping and giving him a bottle

Quoting Glitter_Shart: I did cut him down. I had stopped during the day. Now he wants the boob more than ever.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN