Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Contractions?? Help!!

Posted by on Jul. 19, 2014 at 2:15 PM
  • 5 Replies

I've been having strong butterfly feelings in my stomach the past few days that last about 45 seconds to a minute. They have been coming and going every 2 or 3 minutes. baby recently dropped a few days ago, and since then I've had bad pelvic pain, rectal pressure where I feel like I have to GO!! Abdominal cramps, pressure in my lower to mid back, lots of discharge, etc. I want to get checked out but I KNOW I will probably be wasting everyone's time by going. I usually get told everythings okay, but something feels different. I also have a dillema - my friends are at a concert and I have to feed their dog(they won't be home until tomorrow), but I'm not home right now. I COULD give DH the keys, but it is somewhat far from the hospital to their house. 

Do these sound like contractions? I've had heat flashes and dizziness and nauseousness with these "contractions". Should I call the doc? I've called them a LOT and I'm sure they're annoyed. :(

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jul. 19, 2014 at 2:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
DACIA79
by Silver Member on Jul. 19, 2014 at 2:28 PM
I would go to the hospital .

I know everyone is different but I have given birth to 3 children and rectal pressure along with back pain for me always means labor .
Plus you are having consistent contractions.

If I didn't go to the hospital 2 of my children would have popped out in my living room.

lilmama8408
by Silver Member on Jul. 19, 2014 at 2:28 PM
How far along are you ??
Sun_Shine_990
by Member on Jul. 19, 2014 at 2:30 PM

Well the pelvic pain and rectal pressure feeling like you have to go, along with contraction feeling is what I felt the night before I had baby... it where me and I was feeling all that for a few days(which is what I think you ment in OP) then I'd go get checked out.... you never know anymore with baby, very unprodectable... lol...

don't worry about dog, do what you feel like you have to do... heck if you're really worried about it, then don't even call your doctor, just go into the hospital and get checked out... JMO btw... good luck...

DonnasMommy16
by Member on Jul. 19, 2014 at 2:31 PM

Oops I forgot that bit, lol. 34 weeks tomorrow. Having some back pain right now, just started.

Quoting lilmama8408: How far along are you ??

CafeMom Tickers
DixonBabies
by Bronze Member on Jul. 19, 2014 at 3:20 PM
Go in
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN