Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Scary moments

Posted by on Jul. 20, 2014 at 12:19 AM
  • 12 Replies
So I was having period like cramps and so I had gone to the ER just to make sure everything was ok because I am pregnant. The dr said I was going to have a miscarriage because he saw no heart beat or anything just the sac! So I went to my main dr and she said that's normal not to see anything that early, sooo I guess my question is I am having nooooo pain and I feel fine and I should be about 7 weeks now so does that mean I'm fine?
by on Jul. 20, 2014 at 12:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TwoLittleFrogs
by Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 12:24 AM

Are you scheduled for a follow up ultrasound next week? The timing could be off. Cramps are normal, and i had them with my first. Unless you are also bleeding, I would try not to worry too much. Best wishes, mama!

Ahale1020
by New Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 12:28 AM
I have a specialized ultra sound where the can zoom in and get all creative this week and no bleeding nothing I actually think I felt the baby move a little while ago like the little movement and thank you
N_maricle
by Bronze Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 12:45 AM

I would make an appt with an ob or midwife. They can give you more accurate info. It must be frustrating being told different things and not knowing what to beleive. Good luck I hope everything is fine for you:)

booaura
by Aurabella on Jul. 20, 2014 at 2:40 AM
At 7 weeks, you should see something. So, either you are earlier than you thought, or yes, you probably are miscarrying. However, I would also not go to an ER, because a miscarriage isn't emergent (unless you're bleeding heavily) and they can't really say you're having one or not.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ElenaC08
by Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 3:46 AM
Sorry you wouldnt feel the baby move at seven weeks. Good luck.

Quoting Ahale1020: I have a specialized ultra sound where the can zoom in and get all creative this week and no bleeding nothing I actually think I felt the baby move a little while ago like the little movement and thank you
Ahale1020
by New Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 4:19 PM
I def feel something in there it's not just a kick I aware I have had a kid before

Quoting ElenaC08: Sorry you wouldnt feel the baby move at seven weeks. Good luck.

Quoting Ahale1020: I have a specialized ultra sound where the can zoom in and get all creative this week and no bleeding nothing I actually think I felt the baby move a little while ago like the little movement and thank you
Devious103102
by Ruby Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 6:05 PM

Did they schedule a follow up u/s?  

summerbear
by Rachel on Jul. 20, 2014 at 7:12 PM

At 7 weeks it's normal to sometimes not be able to see anything! ER docs are a joke!!! If you are cramping really bad, and having bright red blood with clots that would be a huge red flag! But, as long as you not I would assume the ER doc was a quack and wait a week or so and see your baby on the screen at your OB's office! Good luck!

MandaJo111
by on Jul. 20, 2014 at 7:15 PM

IT is normal to not see much at that point.  Usually they do a blood test at that point and then a follow up on to check your HCG levels to confirm if they are doubling properly.  If they are not or are decreasing you may be miscarrying.  However, you need more than one quantitative HCG test to be able to make a call on that. 

Tricia737
by Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 7:55 PM
You cannot feel the baby that early at 7 weeks.

Quoting Ahale1020: I def feel something in there it's not just a kick I aware I have had a kid before

Quoting ElenaC08: Sorry you wouldnt feel the baby move at seven weeks. Good luck.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)