Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Baby Shower

Posted by on Jul. 20, 2014 at 2:44 PM
  • 17 Replies

So I just found out this last Friday at exactly 16 weeks that we are having a girl. Well the the thing is we have two boys before her and have completely nothing for her, besides what we have just bought this weekend. People keep telling me we should have a baby shower since it's a girl unlike our boys we already had. I do not want people thinking we are using them for gifts. What are your thoughts and opinions on this? 

by on Jul. 20, 2014 at 2:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nebcutie
by Bronze Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 2:48 PM
I would maybe have a baby is coming bbq. How old are your boys?
lmp09
by Silver Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 2:51 PM

My oldest will be 5 in December and my youngest well middle one will be two in September.

Quoting nebcutie: I would maybe have a baby is coming bbq. How old are your boys?

nebcutie
by Bronze Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 2:58 PM
Then i would go with a bbq for sure. Just maybe say "we finially got a girl and want to celebrate with everyone!"this way if they bring a gift great but if not thats fine to. I would register places just cause you get the closing discount and if they ask you can tell them.

Quoting lmp09:

My oldest will be 5 in December and my youngest well middle one will be two in September.

Quoting nebcutie: I would maybe have a baby is coming bbq. How old are your boys?

lmp09
by Silver Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 3:08 PM

Thank you for replying and I definitely like the BBQ idea, it would be most likely in November here and bad weather but we could figure it out. I did tell my husband that I was still going to register even if we don't have a babyshower/BBQ incase there is family or friends interested. We can also buy off the registery as well. 

Quoting nebcutie: Then i would go with a bbq for sure. Just maybe say "we finially got a girl and want to celebrate with everyone!"this way if they bring a gift great but if not thats fine to. I would register places just cause you get the closing discount and if they ask you can tell them.
Quoting lmp09:

katemckenzie
by Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 3:10 PM
2 moms liked this
Oh absolutely. I think every baby deserves to be celebrated.
dipsetgrl06
by Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 3:12 PM
1 mom liked this
We are having a baby shower for this baby regardless of gender. In our families you get a shower for every baby no matter what. Lol
nebcutie
by Bronze Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 3:14 PM
When are you due?

Quoting lmp09:

Thank you for replying and I definitely like the BBQ idea, it would be most likely in November here and bad weather but we could figure it out. I did tell my husband that I was still going to register even if we don't have a babyshower/BBQ incase there is family or friends interested. We can also buy off the registery as well. 

Quoting nebcutie: Then i would go with a bbq for sure. Just maybe say "we finially got a girl and want to celebrate with everyone!"this way if they bring a gift great but if not thats fine to. I would register places just cause you get the closing discount and if they ask you can tell them.

Quoting lmp09:

jjchick75
by Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 3:15 PM
1 mom liked this
That's how it is in my family too. I'm currently planning one for my sister who is pregnant with number 5.

Quoting dipsetgrl06: We are having a baby shower for this baby regardless of gender. In our families you get a shower for every baby no matter what. Lol
lmp09
by Silver Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 3:19 PM

My c section will be between Christmas and New Years I believe.

Quoting nebcutie: When are you due?
Quoting lmp09:

Quoting lmp09:

nebcutie
by Bronze Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 3:31 PM
Yea that will be a bit cold by then, there are tons of themes you could go with just to have a big get together.

Quoting lmp09:

My c section will be between Christmas and New Years I believe.

Quoting nebcutie: When are you due?

Quoting lmp09:

Quoting lmp09:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN