Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Help!! Question I never had this before

Posted by on Jul. 20, 2014 at 4:03 PM
  • 8 Replies
So I never had the bloody show with my last two baby's. I just went to the barroom and had mucus with bright red blood in it. But I have no contractions or anything. Can you have your bloody show and not be in labor. 36 weeks.
by on Jul. 20, 2014 at 4:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
N_maricle
by Bronze Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 4:08 PM

Well usually the mucus plug comes out when you start to dialate. That's also what causes the bit of blood. So it could be the start of labor... But some people walk around for weeks at 4 or 5 cm. if you start contracting regularly, you should call your ob or midwife.

noey31308
by Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 4:09 PM
I started dilating a few weeks ago I was at 2 cm and 50%.
tsmcconnell
by Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 4:31 PM
This!

Quoting N_maricle:

Well usually the mucus plug comes out when you start to dialate. That's also what causes the bit of blood. So it could be the start of labor... But some people walk around for weeks at 4 or 5 cm. if you start contracting regularly, you should call your ob or midwife.

Devious103102
by on Jul. 20, 2014 at 6:04 PM

How much blood? Did you get checked at your last appt?  It could just be your mucus plug, which can have a bit of bloody tinge to it.

kajira
by Emma on Jul. 20, 2014 at 6:06 PM
1 mom liked this

The only time i've had bloody show, I gave birth... O.o

noey31308
by Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 6:47 PM
It was like two time that I wiped it was there like it was equal parts blood md mucus but now there is nothing at all.

Quoting Devious103102:

How much blood? Did you get checked at your last appt?  It could just be your mucus plug, which can have a bit of bloody tinge to it.

noey31308
by Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 6:48 PM
I haven't been to the doc I two weeks I go back on Tuesday cuz he was on vacation. And I haven't ha aex cuz I've been on bed rest for the past 3 or 4 weeks
lillucky8
by on Jul. 20, 2014 at 8:31 PM
Id probably call your ob and check, if youre on bedrest there is a concern for early labor?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN