Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

I need some advice!

Posted by on Jul. 20, 2014 at 8:53 PM
  • 15 Replies

So, Noah will be 3 months on Tuesday! It's crazy how times fly! He's been formula fed since 5 weeks old, and the formula he's been on the whole time is Enfamil AR (added rice). So today I decide I'm going to switch formula to Enfamil and add my own rice cereal, (I have a few sample cans of it so I'm going to use that up then go to Parent's Choice because it's way cheaper). I gave him his first bottle at 6am today. Problem is, he's been sleeping ALL day. He'll wake up long enough to eat, then go right back to sleep. He almost seems sort of lethargic, or lazy to me. It's really freaking me out. DH says he doesn't notice a difference, but I definitely do! I didn't think the Enfamil with me adding rice cereal would make a difference since he's been on AR for 7 weeks. What could it be?

by on Jul. 20, 2014 at 8:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Brandibee_5
by 7/30/14 on Jul. 20, 2014 at 9:04 PM
Maybe it's thicker on his little belly making him fuller and sleepier.

Devious103102
by Ruby Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 9:33 PM

I highly doubt it's the formula unless you're putting a LOT of the rice in it and making it way heavier.

24Mom2Be
by Silver Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 9:36 PM
He could also be going through a growth spurt
MrsHubert
by Bronze Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 9:37 PM
I only put 1 tablespoon. It looks the same consistency as the emfamil ar. Alot of sites I read women use 1 tablespoon per ounce! That's crazy!

Quoting Devious103102:

I highly doubt it's the formula unless you're putting a LOT of the rice in it and making it way heavier.

HIJKLM
by Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 9:39 PM
That's what I'm thinking

Quoting 24Mom2Be: He could also be going through a growth spurt
MrsHubert
by Bronze Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 9:44 PM
I hope so. It's freaking me out. I've never noticed his other growth spurts before.

Quoting HIJKLM: That's what I'm thinking

Devious103102
by Ruby Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 9:48 PM

Then that's likely not it. Maybe he's going through a growth spurt or just not feeling well.

Quoting MrsHubert: I only put 1 tablespoon. It looks the same consistency as the emfamil ar. Alot of sites I read women use 1 tablespoon per ounce! That's crazy!
Quoting Devious103102:

HIJKLM
by Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 10:05 PM
The only thing you can count on with kids it to be surprised. My kids are always changing it up. If there's nothing else going on (fussiness, fever, not waking normally) I'd say it's nothing to worry about.

Quoting MrsHubert: I hope so. It's freaking me out. I've never noticed his other growth spurts before.

24Mom2Be
by Silver Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 2:23 AM
With my daughter it was like she was starving one day and sleep all day the next

Quoting MrsHubert: I hope so. It's freaking me out. I've never noticed his other growth spurts before.

Autumn19
by Ruby Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 6:17 PM
Growth spurt
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)