Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

does this warrent a call to my doctor

Posted by on Jul. 21, 2014 at 4:57 AM
  • 9 Replies
Alright ladies, here's what is going on. I'm 33 weeks 4 days I am having lots of low back pain, I feel like when I sit I am peeing myself, I don't know if it's Pee or water it has no odor. I also am having diarrhea if that matters and it's not a ton. Just after I eat something. I am a high risk pregnancy due to preeclampsia in my past. BP has been checked 155/94, 150/93 and then 153/82 and this over the course of 45 minutes. Checked it at 15 minute intervals. I've never had natural labor, one induced that led to emergency c-section and the next repeat. So Idk what I should or should not be feeling, all of this is brand new. Please help.
by on Jul. 21, 2014 at 4:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
DomsMama07
by Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 4:58 AM
Yes! I would call and talk to whoevers on call, especially if you are high risk! Update us!
24Mom2Be
by Silver Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 5:05 AM
Your BP may be elevated because you're freaking out. Have you had any high BP readings before just now?

If not, I would suggest a warm bath to relax, a large glass of water and call your doc in the meantime. Don't fret it makes it worse.

Sometimes the increase in pressure just means baby has turned, I experienced it at 27 weeks this pregnancy and a freak out too.

I had preeclampsia my first pregnancy which has made me paranoid this pregnancy but I'm 35 weeks and no sign of it coming back.
mommy2two1985
by Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 5:09 AM
I've already been hospitalized once 2 weeks ago due to signs of it returning. I took my BP because my hands swelled up really bad. I have 2 non stress tests a week and it's elevated every time. I can relax due to being at work until 715 am this morning. Sucks.

Quoting 24Mom2Be: Your BP may be elevated because you're freaking out. Have you had any high BP readings before just now?

If not, I would suggest a warm bath to relax, a large glass of water and call your doc in the meantime. Don't fret it makes it worse.

Sometimes the increase in pressure just means baby has turned, I experienced it at 27 weeks this pregnancy and a freak out too.

I had preeclampsia my first pregnancy which has made me paranoid this pregnancy but I'm 35 weeks and no sign of it coming back.
booaura
by Aurabella on Jul. 21, 2014 at 5:11 AM
1 mom liked this
I would call your doctor, and if you are really worried, go in to the ER. If you have a hx of pre-e, better safe than sorry, because it can go bad fast.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
24Mom2Be
by Silver Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 5:13 AM
Then yes I would def call your doc.

Quoting mommy2two1985: I've already been hospitalized once 2 weeks ago due to signs of it returning. I took my BP because my hands swelled up really bad. I have 2 non stress tests a week and it's elevated every time. I can relax due to being at work until 715 am this morning. Sucks.

Quoting 24Mom2Be: Your BP may be elevated because you're freaking out. Have you had any high BP readings before just now?

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 12:08 PM

I would give a call in esp. with the pains you're feeling.  Hope all is ok!

DixonBabies
by Bronze Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 12:14 PM

Yes definitely call

summerbear
by Rachel on Jul. 21, 2014 at 12:31 PM

I really hope you have called by now!!! Please update when you get back!

mommy2two1985
by Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 4:48 AM

Mobile Photo

I had my non stress test today and they left me hooked up for an hour. Baby looks good. They didn't say much about my BP. Swelling is worse. BP is the same. Sigh...and I even had to wear my DH shoes to work tonight
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)