Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Hoping for my tubes tied

Posted by on Jul. 21, 2014 at 5:47 AM
  • 12 Replies
This is my second boy and I'm 25. Plan on getting my tubes tied in the hospital after deliverin baby. What should I expect after tubes tied
by on Jul. 21, 2014 at 5:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jlfought
by on Jul. 21, 2014 at 7:18 AM

Please be aware of the possible complications and side affects of a tubal litigation.  I was going to have mine done until a close friend shared her experience after her tubes were tied.  She is on a mix of constant meds to try to help with the side affects of PTLS.  My Dr never mentioned 1 possible side effect from have my tubes tied so I was shocked when my friend told me her story and I started researching it and finding that she was by far not the only one.  It was not worth the risk to me in the end so my husband and I decided that it would be him that would get fixed one day.

http://tubal.org/symptoms_of_pts.htm

CafeMom Tickers
booaura
by Aurabella on Jul. 21, 2014 at 7:21 AM
I would honestly have your husband get a vasectomy or go with an IUD or arm implant rather than a tubal. There are a lot of risks associated with it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nana-to-9
by on Jul. 21, 2014 at 7:55 AM

You will have a sore belling for a few days.  That is usually it.  There are no scientific studies that support the Idea of any sort of posts tubal syndrome as another person suggested.  Sometimes people regret their decision. And their mind is a powerful thing.  there can, as with any surgery, be internal scarring, but that is not usual.  

mss119
by Bronze Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 8:11 AM
The women I knew who had one said it was the most intensely painful healing process they've ever had, and one of them had a c section (in the past, not at the same time) as well! I personally wouldn't do it, vasectomy is much less invasive, less risk, and from what I've read, less chance of failure. As far as specifics of what to expect, I'd ask your ob. Plus some doctors don't want to do permanent procedures at that age (I had two friends who were told at your age that their doctors didn't like to do permanent procedures with patients 'that young'). Good luck whatever you choose!
BrookeyLea
by Bronze Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 9:43 AM
Thanks! I'm going to do.my research. Hubby won't do vasectomy. No concern because I work in the OR and work with my doctors so I know they will do it
JacknJill
by Bronze Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 9:48 AM
I had a c section and my tubes tied exactly 4 weeks ago. I feel it took me a little longer to recover from this c section than the last but I've had absolutely no side effects nd do not regret my decision. I am 30 and have three bio kids two being twins.
BrookeyLea
by Bronze Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 12:44 PM
I just want it over with rather than be out more time after baby is here. My mom didn't have any side effects. I'm very happy with 2 and boys, no more time or money for more kids!!

Quoting JacknJill: I had a c section and my tubes tied exactly 4 weeks ago. I feel it took me a little longer to recover from this c section than the last but I've had absolutely no side effects nd do not regret my decision. I am 30 and have three bio kids two being twins.
Serabeth06
by Bronze Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 12:53 PM

I'm getting my tubes tied in the hospital after baby's born. I'm not having a c-section (knock on wood), so this will be my first experiene with abdominal surgery, so I don't have any experience to draw from. We'll see how it goes! (: Best of luck.

AJ_Parks
by Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 1:01 PM
Please ladies look up PTLS (post tubal ligation syndrom). I had my tubes tied during my 3rd csecton 3 years ago. I had horrible side effects from it and just last Thursday had to pay a lot of money out of pocket to have my tubal reversed. Reversal was not done to have more kids but to give me relief from PTLS. It is life changing and not worth it. Please please please do your research and do not believe a DR when they say there are no side effects.
Serabeth06
by Bronze Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 1:15 PM
1 mom liked this

From what little time I spent looking at PTLS, it didn't look remotely legit. 50+ symptoms of one syndrome, fine print at the bottom of ".org" sites that say that these symptoms could be caused by anythng else, including anemia, diabetes, etc etc, and asking for donations? When the Mayo Clinic, adds it to their list of risks, or other respected healthcare organizations like the WHO, NIH, Hopkins, etc list it in the risks, I'd take it more seriously. Especialy when even google has "post tubal ligation syndrome myth" as one of the search options. Now, if my OB said "no side effects", I'd find a new doctor. http://www.mayoclinic.org/tests-procedures/tubal-ligation/basics/risks/prc-20020231

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)