Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Let's get chatting! What's on your mind today?

Posted by on Jul. 21, 2014 at 10:53 AM
  • 33 Replies

Let's get chatting!  What's on your mind today?

Do you have a big day/week planned?

Is it hot in your neck of the woods?

Are you craving anything in particular?

etc...  What's on your mind??

floating in pool

by on Jul. 21, 2014 at 10:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rmgriffberg
by Bronze Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 11:02 AM

no big plans this week, too sick to make any plans lol. i have no idea what temp it is outside, but i am always hot so the ac is on. i am not craving anything...i jut want to be able toeat again. i keep telling myselfi need to start school with my oldest (we homeschool) but then i have to run to the bathroom so we might wait another week or two, i am 13 weeks so i am hoping the hyperemesis will go way soon

Mrs.Smith080808
by Bronze Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 11:30 AM

This week my younger sister is going to come over and help me get my nursery painted and hopefully organized (yay, I have the best little sister ever).  Then on Saturday I am having one of my baby showers.  My other half somes home Saturday night from being on the road for 10 days and his sister and sister in law, along with their 2 little girls,  will be in town for my shower.  Heat wise, it has been 30-35C for the past week (I think around 86-95F) and my A/C has been broken for 2 years cuz it will cost more then my weekly wages to fix.  So its beeen interesting staying cool. The only thing I have ben craving lately is sleep lol.  I keep thinking of coming off work early, but I want to work as long as possible so I can spend the full year off with my baby after she is born.

CafeMom Tickers
meam4444
by Emerald Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 11:36 AM

Aw mama!!  It is so hard!  I hope you feel better soon!!  

Quoting rmgriffberg:

no big plans this week, too sick to make any plans lol. i have no idea what temp it is outside, but i am always hot so the ac is on. i am not craving anything...i jut want to be able toeat again. i keep telling myselfi need to start school with my oldest (we homeschool) but then i have to run to the bathroom so we might wait another week or two, i am 13 weeks so i am hoping the hyperemesis will go way soon

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 11:38 AM

You have a big week ahead!  And, I have to agree--sounds like you have a great sister!  How nice!  Do you have to help much with your baby shower?  Or, do you have family or friends doing everything for it?

Quoting Mrs.Smith080808:

This week my younger sister is going to come over and help me get my nursery painted and hopefully organized (yay, I have the best little sister ever).  Then on Saturday I am having one of my baby showers.  My other half somes home Saturday night from being on the road for 10 days and his sister and sister in law, along with their 2 little girls,  will be in town for my shower.  Heat wise, it has been 30-35C for the past week (I think around 86-95F) and my A/C has been broken for 2 years cuz it will cost more then my weekly wages to fix.  So its beeen interesting staying cool. The only thing I have ben craving lately is sleep lol.  I keep thinking of coming off work early, but I want to work as long as possible so I can spend the full year off with my baby after she is born.

rmgriffberg
by Bronze Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 11:53 AM

me too! my meds help about 50% of the time so on those days i eat a lot lol

Quoting meam4444:

Quoting rmgriffberg:

Mrs.Smith080808
by Bronze Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 11:59 AM

This shower, 2 of my girl friends are doing everything for the shower.  I offered to help but they told me to sleep and show up lol. The girls at work will put on another one and then I will get another one from some long time friends of the family after the baby is born.

Yeah my sister is pretty amazing.  I don't know what I would do without her. Last xmas I took my bf to vegas and when I came back she had painted 1/2 my house for me.  Good thing she didn't make it to the nursery (we didn't know we were having a baby yet).  Now she comes over every other day to scoop my litter boxes and she vacumms for me and does other little stuff that I can't do while my bf is out of town (I keep putting my back out). The one day I had come home and she had scrubbed my floor for 2 hours on her hands and knees with a scrub brush, just to get into the groves of the tiles.  I told her the wet jet works fine, but when she is PMSing, I just let her go to it lol.

Quoting meam4444:

You have a big week ahead!  And, I have to agree--sounds like you have a great sister!  How nice!  Do you have to help much with your baby shower?  Or, do you have family or friends doing everything for it?

Quoting Mrs.Smith080808:

CafeMom Tickers
meam4444
by Emerald Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 12:44 PM

I bet you do--have you found some foods which agree with you better?  Or, is everything difficult all around?

Quoting rmgriffberg:

Quoting meam4444:

Quoting rmgriffberg:

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 12:47 PM

You have very sweet friends! 

Can I borrow your sister to paint my house?  :-)  Seriously, she is so sweet.  She must live close to you?  And, so true with the wet jet...I don't know what I would do without it!

Quoting Mrs.Smith080808:

This shower, 2 of my girl friends are doing everything for the shower.  I offered to help but they told me to sleep and show up lol. The girls at work will put on another one and then I will get another one from some long time friends of the family after the baby is born.

Yeah my sister is pretty amazing.  I don't know what I would do without her. Last xmas I took my bf to vegas and when I came back she had painted 1/2 my house for me.  Good thing she didn't make it to the nursery (we didn't know we were having a baby yet).  Now she comes over every other day to scoop my litter boxes and she vacumms for me and does other little stuff that I can't do while my bf is out of town (I keep putting my back out). The one day I had come home and she had scrubbed my floor for 2 hours on her hands and knees with a scrub brush, just to get into the groves of the tiles.  I told her the wet jet works fine, but when she is PMSing, I just let her go to it lol.

Quoting meam4444:

Quoting Mrs.Smith080808:

rmgriffberg
by Bronze Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 12:51 PM

drinking caramel frappes helps a lot but they cost a bit to drink with every meal. i found a recipe for making them at home, but they dont help as much. i can usually keep down a baked potato but i have to wait till i stop getting sick before i eat that. today i am still getting sick every 30 mins and its almost 1 here so i still have not eaten.

Quoting meam4444:

I bet you do--have you found some foods which agree with you better?  Or, is everything difficult all around?

Quoting rmgriffberg:

Quoting meam4444:

Quoting rmgriffberg:

Mrs.Smith080808
by Bronze Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 1:35 PM
1 mom liked this

My sister and her bf live with my parents about a 10 minute drive from my house.  All the support from them has been great especially with my bf working out of town, he is gone for 10 days and home for 4 usually.  My mom will call me and invite me over for dinner usually around 5 nights a week and send me home with left overs for the other days.  I hate cooking for just me, it seems pointless.  So mom makes sure I am fed, my sister helps around the house and her bf will come over and mow my lawn for me if it needs done before my bf comes home.  I am pretty spoiled ;)

Quoting meam4444:

You have very sweet friends! 

Can I borrow your sister to paint my house?  :-)  Seriously, she is so sweet.  She must live close to you?  And, so true with the wet jet...I don't know what I would do without it!

Quoting Mrs.Smith080808:

Quoting meam4444:

Quoting Mrs.Smith080808:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN