Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

when will I be able to get my first ultrasound??

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 2:32 AM
  • 12 Replies
So according to my doctor I'm 11 weeks but I've never done an ultrasound when will I have my first ultrasound? I need to know for sure how many weeks I am! Will that be next next appointment or should I ask ?
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 2:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kelly617
by Gold Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 2:58 AM

I'm assuming that your doctor is basing that off your last period?
They usually do an ultrasound at your first appointment to make sure they have the dates right and that everything is going as planned

redneck.crazy
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 3:38 AM
It depends on your doctor. Ask them. Some do it at the first appointment, some do it at 12 wks and others only do 1 at 20 wks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Irene1923
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 7:00 AM
It just depends on your doctor. With my daughter, unless there were issues, my provider only did one u/s at 20 weeks. This new office does one between 8-12 weeks for dating purposes and then around 20 weeks. I would simply call and find out what their (as well as your insurance) policy is regarding ultrasounds.
lilmama8408
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 7:07 AM
With all 3 of mine unless there is bleeding extreme
Cramping ect you only get the "20"week anatomy scan.
DACIA79
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 7:57 AM
Depends on the doctor. Some doctors do the ultrasound at the first appointment to confirm a viable pregnancy.

There is a option at 10-13 weeks to get a ultrasound through genetic testing. The last option is the 20 week scan.
Stephanie116
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:03 AM
Depends on your doctor. At my ob office, you are not given an ultrasound until 20 weeks unless medically necessary.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Larsbug
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:18 AM
you may get a first trimester screening which will be done before 14 weeks, and they may wait until 20 weeks.
lillucky8
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:28 AM
It depends on your provider and what testing you choose to have. With my first i had one around six weeks and then the first trimester screening, with my second not until the screening.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom2Just1
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:30 AM

My dr and I don't ultrasounds except for genetic testing (12 weeks) and 18 weeks for measuring the baby, gender, making sure he or she is growing just fine.

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Shelleyb413
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:26 AM
I have always had one done at the 1st apptm to check size, heart rate of baby etc.....I would ask.

I'm 8 weeks pregnant & have had 2 already.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)