• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OT, Piog: i have an IUD, been bleeding heavily for almost 3 weeks, and cant feel the strings

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:06 AM
  • 7 Replies
Tmi, just warning you now! Last year in september i got the para gard iud. Everything has been fine, periods stayed pretty normal ( well normal for me, so thats means one every 3 or 4 months) untill this one, about a month ago sex got a little painful but not bad, but after i would bleed lightly, then the light bleeding/ spotting stayed for about a week, then turned into full blown period, ok a little different but didnt think much of it, now almost 3 weeks later the heavy period bleeding wont stop, or even slow down.a few nights ago I woke up in a big spot.of blood on my sheets at 4am, thats never ever happened in my life, so i called my midwife, she had me feel for the strings on my iud, so i felt, and not only are the dtrings gone, i used to be able to feel the end of the iud and nothing is there at all... they scheaduled me an appointment for tomorrow, but im soooo nervous, anyone have this happen before and what was the outcome, is it possible that it migrated, and i got pregnant and lost it? Right before this i felt tons of pregnancy symtoms, but blew it off since i had an oud i was sure it wasnt possible
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
KristinCarr
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:44 PM
Bump! Anyone?
ajnreidsmama
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:16 PM

I have never had an IUD so I don't have any words of wisdom, but I hope they get this all figured out for you and fast. Good luck

KristinCarr
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:22 PM
Thank you. Im abou to get an ultrasound to see where it went. Im nervous.

Quoting ajnreidsmama:

I have never had an IUD so I don't have any words of wisdom, but I hope they get this all figured out for you and fast. Good luck

jenbah81
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:12 PM
How did the u/s go?
Avetay
by Gold Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:15 PM
What did your midwife say
lillucky8
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:31 PM
Ive never had an iud, so im no help, how did your appointment go?!?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DixonBabies
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:33 PM
Update?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)