Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ovarian cyst found during scan

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:22 AM
  • 5 Replies
Hi ladies. This is my 3rd pregnancy, today at 12weeks 4days was my first ultrasound, during the ultrasound they found what looks to be a ovarian cyst. It was hard to see the baby because of it and I was told its stretching my womb and pushing it to the side.
They said they will leave it til I give birth.
Has anyone else experience this and what happened?
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
lillucky8
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:23 AM
I havent, but heres a bump for you :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Shelleyb413
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:24 AM
I had an ovarian cyst the size of a grapefruit in January 2012 & had emergency surgery to remove it.
I wasn't pregnant I should add.

Dr said it was so large they had to cut it into pieces to get it out.

The cyst was painful. I ignored the pain & one day I fell to the ground in pain. It was a stupid cyst. I get them all the time. They usually pop on their own.

Once the baby is born they'll check it's size & they might remove it.

Good luck!
Smoore922
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:29 AM

I have already had surgery to remove a large cyst before I got pregnant and found out I had another one right at the beginning of this pregnancy, it's about 7.5cm and hasbb't changed in 21 weeks. The plan is to leave it be unless it starts causing problems. Your doctor will probably just monitor it and do the same. Good luck!

otoole
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:00 AM
Thank you. Before I got pregnant I was going to the doctor with stomach problems with pains. They did a few different tests but never scanse to look for one. I asked to be scanned but was told they needed to exhaust all other tests first before they would do that. I had done so many tests that all came back normal even ended up being sent to the ER by my doctor because I had such bad pain one day only to be told no scan because bloods and urine are fine.
I gave up after that.
I'm wondering was that the cyst already there. ?

Quoting Smoore922:

I have already had surgery to remove a large cyst before I got pregnant and found out I had another one right at the beginning of this pregnancy, it's about 7.5cm and hasbb't changed in 21 weeks. The plan is to leave it be unless it starts causing problems. Your doctor will probably just monitor it and do the same. Good luck!

Smoore922
by on Jul. 28, 2014 at 10:18 AM

There is probably a good chance it was already there, but it's weird they wouldnt have done an ultrasound to check, its not an invasive test... The good thing is as long as the cyst is benign and and not causing problems witht he pregnancy it should be fine until after you deliver the baby. Just keep checking it with your doctor throught the pregnancy.. Good Luck to you!! Hope everything turns out alright for you and baby!! :)

Quoting otoole: Thank you. Before I got pregnant I was going to the doctor with stomach problems with pains. They did a few different tests but never scanse to look for one. I asked to be scanned but was told they needed to exhaust all other tests first before they would do that. I had done so many tests that all came back normal even ended up being sent to the ER by my doctor because I had such bad pain one day only to be told no scan because bloods and urine are fine. I gave up after that. I'm wondering was that the cyst already there. ?
Quoting Smoore922:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)