• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help! Pregnancy sex hurts...

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 5:48 PM
  • 17 Replies
1 mom liked this

I just want to know if anyone else has had this problem and what I can do. I am 18 weeks pregnant and sex still hurts. I had struggled with three consecutive yeast infections while trying to conceive, so I'm wondering if that has anything to do with it. I am just really sore down there, especially when we first start, and then there is usually some pretty uncomfortable cramping during. I am trying not to let hubby know, but the pain coupled with the low sex drive is making it pretty tough to get in the mood. Please help! Any cream or something that I can use for the soreness?

by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 5:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
luvmyboysjj
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 5:50 PM
I'm no help because I have the same problem. I feel like I want to do it and then once it starts it just feels painful. I'm 22 weeks.
noah2015
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 5:54 PM
No never had that problem I'm 11 weeks and it feels as usual. So interesting to had read this though. Never knew. :) im sorry about it too. . Hope it gets better.
HazelBug
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 6:43 PM
Make sure to get checked for yeast and bacterial vaginosis. You are more prone to both during pregnancy. If both are negative then you might try other things. Are you using a lubricant? It may be just what you need. Have you tried different positions? Have you tried taking it slower. It can take a bit longer to warm up when prego.

I am at the point where I get braxton hicks during sex a bunch. It gets very annoying. Not much you can do there. Just make sure your bladder is empty but that you are also hydrated.
TiffanyJanelle
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:36 PM
I get really sore during sex but its usually after these last two times I had swelling down there. My suggestion to you is to let him know that sex is really uncomfortable right now. Until you find out you can do about it but you might wanna try some lube that way its easier and quicker to slide in.
MamaBearEH
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:09 PM

Sex shouldn't hurt.  If it does there is likely a problem.  If you have an infection and have unprotected sex you could pass it to your partner.  Remember for some people they can be asymptomatic!  If you treat & cure yours then go back and have sex with him again and he has it... you're just reinfecting yourself.

I would get tested for BV & yeast.  If you have to treat them he should treat as well.

mommybear91
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:12 PM
I have the same problem. I think it's normal because I had the same problem around this with my past pregnancies too.
meagan517
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:13 PM
1 mom liked this
I have no infection or yeast infection and it hurts me. Sex rarely happens since I hit 20 weeks. There is so much pressure during and after I feel so sore. We have resorted to the other options to satisfy him. If ya know what I mean. I'm 33 weeks.
summerbear
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:50 PM

Have you tried putting a pillow under your lower back?

Liz31712
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:21 PM

I got tested around 9 weeks and was positive for yeast, but since I haven't had any other symptoms aside from soreness during sex I just assumed it went away. I'll get tested during my next appointment. And I do use a lubricant otherwise there is no way I would be able to get through it. KY is my best friend for intimacy now, something I never had to do before. Not looking forward to having braxton hicks during sex like you are! Thanks for the tips!

Quoting HazelBug: Make sure to get checked for yeast and bacterial vaginosis. You are more prone to both during pregnancy. If both are negative then you might try other things. Are you using a lubricant? It may be just what you need. Have you tried different positions? Have you tried taking it slower. It can take a bit longer to warm up when prego. I am at the point where I get braxton hicks during sex a bunch. It gets very annoying. Not much you can do there. Just make sure your bladder is empty but that you are also hydrated.

TiffanyJanelle
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 3:22 AM
Do you stop doing it whenen the Braxton Hicks come

Quoting HazelBug: Make sure to get checked for yeast and bacterial vaginosis. You are more prone to both during pregnancy. If both are negative then you might try other things. Are you using a lubricant? It may be just what you need. Have you tried different positions? Have you tried taking it slower. It can take a bit longer to warm up when prego.

I am at the point where I get braxton hicks during sex a bunch. It gets very annoying. Not much you can do there. Just make sure your bladder is empty but that you are also hydrated.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)