• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

sleeping position..

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 6:28 PM
  • 10 Replies
I usually sleep on my stomach but now I'm 22wks and my doctor says I need to stop. I hate to sleep on my back cause I always wake up feeling really sore and to be honest it isn't good for anyone when I wake up sore especially Dh. I've tried sleeping on my side with a pillow between my legs but the way my bones are stretching its just killing me.

What are some good sleeping positions for you and your beatiful baby bump??
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 6:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CEOmom84
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 6:31 PM
1 mom liked this
There are no good positions for me except on my belly :(

I'm 27 weeks and I can't stand it. I'm tossing and turning all night. Hope the rest of your pregnancy is good. :)
mamashealovekin
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 6:33 PM
I'm 32 weeks and have been sleeping on my sides since like ten weeks. I'm never comfortable and wake up every two hours with sore hips and shoulders and no feeling in my hands due to pregnancy induced carpal tunnel. A good night sleep is a thing of the past for me unfortunately
ariel-m.
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 6:35 PM
Ohh I know how you feel I'm up all night trying to find a good position and all I can do is sleep with my rear end up in the air DJ says I sleep dog...but the rest of the pregnancy is fine. No nausea/vomiting..just the weight gain..

Quoting CEOmom84: There are no good positions for me except on my belly :(

I'm 27 weeks and I can't stand it. I'm tossing and turning all night. Hope the rest of your pregnancy is good. :)
lilmama8408
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 6:43 PM
Your not supposed to sleep on your back as it cuts blood flow to baby.

I'm a semi stomach sleeper and slept that way until my body told me no more. As long as your stomach doesn't hurt ur fine. But once I get to that point I sleep on my sides
rmgriffberg
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 6:43 PM
Later in pregnancy, I usually sleep in our reclier.
ariel-m.
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 6:47 PM
Wow thank for that...I didn't know that it cuts blood flow to baby.

how do u semi stomach sleep??

Quoting lilmama8408: Your not supposed to sleep on your back as it cuts blood flow to baby.

I'm a semi stomach sleeper and slept that way until my body told me no more. As long as your stomach doesn't hurt ur fine. But once I get to that point I sleep on my sides
lilmama8408
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 6:49 PM
1 mom liked this
I generally sleep with one leg hiked up so I'm not fully on my stomach just partially. I slept that was till about 30 weeks or so with all 3 kids

Quoting ariel-m.: Wow thank for that...I didn't know that it cuts blood flow to baby.

how do u semi stomach sleep??

Quoting lilmama8408: Your not supposed to sleep on your back as it cuts blood flow to baby.

sspaschal2427
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 6:57 PM

This is me exactly and I'm 21 weeks!

Quoting mamashealovekin: I'm 32 weeks and have been sleeping on my sides since like ten weeks. I'm never comfortable and wake up every two hours with sore hips and shoulders and no feeling in my hands due to pregnancy induced carpal tunnel. A good night sleep is a thing of the past for me unfortunately

babyk421
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:01 PM

hey well how do you sleep because i cant get no sleep at night i have to stay up to five and the morning before i go to sleep and it still be uncomfortable for me to sleep. 

MamaBearEH
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:04 PM

I've always been told that it's nothing more than a precaution for a very rarely encountered issue, and those few that it does affect will notice almost immediately upon being in the compromising positon.  The time frame given is a typical point where women usually feel uncomfortable lying on their back, not when they can't do it anymore.

I'm a back sleeper & I've never had issues.  If a pillow between your legs doesn't help you can also try just under your belly.  My midwife suggested this to me before, and I found it helped more than between the legs.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)