• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

recalled fruit cause listeria

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 6:56 PM
  • 12 Replies
Had anyone consumed this. I eat some plums all through June until now. I had some I threw out in my fridge yesterday with a bad plu code. I'm so scared for my baby! Do you think my baby is ok.
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 6:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nebcutie
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 7:00 PM
I wondered about this too.. its not like fruit lasts so most i am sure has been eaten. I thought i read that no one has been reported sick yet but i could be wrong.
Pipersmom1988
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 7:07 PM
Call your doctor!!! I'm worried as well I'm going to the doctors on Friday and I'll probably have to get blood work. But if you do have it, it can be very serious for the baby.
24Mom2Be
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 7:24 PM
Do you have an article?
dianna985
by Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:31 PM
Quoting Pipersmom1988: Call your doctor!!! I'm worried as well I'm going to the doctors on Friday and I'll probably have to get blood work. But if you do have it, it can be very serious for the baby.

did you eat the fruit too?
dianna985
by Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:33 PM
Quoting 24Mom2Be: Do you have an article?

go to Google and type in stone fruit recall. It's been on every new channel. All fruit labeled or packed with sweet 2 eat and harvest by wawona packing have been recalled. Any fruit with pits.
ASandersTX
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:54 PM
I ate a few plums and a peach. There have been no reports of any illness.....yet. I returned over $15 in plums and peaches today. I haven't had any symptoms or anything, but if I do I'll give my doc a call.
Pipersmom1988
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:00 PM
Not from the stores that they recalled (ate a bunch of peaches and plums from another store but it still scares me) but my good friends did and she 3 week a head of me and she went to the hospital. But they just took blood tests and sent her home.

Quoting dianna985:
Quoting Pipersmom1988: Call your doctor!!! I'm worried as well I'm going to the doctors on Friday and I'll probably have to get blood work. But if you do have it, it can be very serious for the baby.

did you eat the fruit too?
Pipersmom1988
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:02 PM
You should still call your doctor if your pregnant. my friends returned what she did eat but her doctor sent her to the hospital for blood tests it can cause still births and miscarriage.

Quoting ASandersTX: I ate a few plums and a peach. There have been no reports of any illness.....yet. I returned over $15 in plums and peaches today. I haven't had any symptoms or anything, but if I do I'll give my doc a call.
Tenderheart3
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:15 PM

I also consumed a lot of  peaches and plums.  I will be mentioning this to my doctor on Friday also.  I have been a little concerned-- you're not alone for feeling this way.  Praying that everything goes well for everyone.

Heather2001
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:39 PM

I've eaten more peaches from those recalled batches over the past month than I care to even share.  Even now, I have two big boxes of them sitting on my counter.  I'm not overly concerned about it, but I'll probably just use that fruit for crisps and cobblers (cooking it kills Listeria).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)