Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Fiancé doesn't want baby to leave the room...

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:14 PM
  • 43 Replies
My fiancé doesn't want our daughter to leave our side at all at the hospital, which I understand. From what I remember (from five years ago) my first daughter never had to leave the room. Am I right? Don't they do all the tests and checks in mommy's room now?
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovebugs_mom906
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:17 PM
Yes. Most hospitals keep mommy and baby together unless there is a severe medical issue. My kids have never left my room.
Mrs.Pedro
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:17 PM

It depends on the hospital I think. Most have moved to doing everything in the same room as mom or only taking baby out the room to do the 24 hour testing. My last hospital didn't even have a nursery, and I wouldn't have sent my kiddo to it if they did... I prefer my babies to stay with me too!

beadingmom17
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:21 PM
Our hospital gave us a choice. With my oldest, we kept her in the room. With my youngest, I had to be alone at night since dh had our oldest at home and I'd had a rough recovery after my c-section. I tried sending her to the nursery and to bring her to me when she was hungry...they kept bringing her back every fifteen minutes or so. I finally said forget it and kept her with me, lol. She just wanted to snuggle.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
smorgan865
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:22 PM

The only time my boys left my room was for the circumcision {no debates; it was our decision not anyone else's}. They washed the baby in the delivery room while I was getting all cleaned up myself. We were wheeled into the postpartum room together in the room. Nurses came in every few hours and checked vitals, all night long. 

Depends on the hosptail, but it's definitely something to ask about. Some places offer preadmission tours and registration (fill out the paperwork so you don't have to do it when you arrive in labor!).

Krueger
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:22 PM
Ours keeps baby in the room and the only nursery is in the nicu. There's no other option.
Mama_4Babies
by Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:23 PM
With my oldest every time is fell asleep they attempted to take him out of my room no matter how many times I said no they also did the tests down the hall and not in my room my mother went with them.
With my younger two they listened when I said baby was not to leave the room with the exception that they had to take them out for testing and even then my husband went with them.
When I have this one the only reason she will leave my room is for testing and again my husband will go with her.
lilmama8408
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:24 PM
With my oldest they did all tests in the nursery. And kept him one night bc I was miserable and dh couldn't stay with me.

With my second she had to leave for the hearing test and some blood tests for jaundice but past that she was attached to me.

With my third the same thing only left when he had to.

All 3 of my kids were born at different hospitals.
STRAWBERRYRAIN
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:31 PM

my daughter was just on the maternoty ward at our hospital because she had a major female medical issue that almost caused her to bleed to death, and after 2 days of infusions and transfusions she was cleared to get up and walk around so i asked if we could go to see the babies and they told us they dont have a nursery only a nicu that everything is done in the same room now babies never leave their mommies. which was a bummer for us wanting to ogle the new babies but i totally understand it and think its a good thing. my last baby was 11 years ago so i had no idea

MamaBearEH
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:33 PM

Ask - it depends on the cirumstances of birth, and can vary from hospital to hospital.

lillucky8
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:33 PM
My hospital took the baby late at night for hearing test and the second night for the heal stick but parents were allowed to go also if they wanted.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN