Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Anyone not have any plans for a baby shower?

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:50 PM
  • 34 Replies
My best friend offered, my mother did, and my sister but I don't really want one. It's my second , a boy. Roughly 4 years between them. My mother and sister tell me it's wrong not to and the second son will feel shafted when he finds out later. Any one else just not having one?
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
beadingmom17
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:52 PM
I didn't with my second. Unless there's a huge age gap, I'm not a fan of multiple showers.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Krueger
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:11 PM
4 years is pretty small for most. I don't have any baby stuff, but I also don't care to get any of it at a shower.

Quoting beadingmom17: I didn't with my second. Unless there's a huge age gap, I'm not a fan of multiple showers.
Emmybrown
by Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:24 PM
1 mom liked this
I didn't with my daughter had one for both my son's. And im not sure if im having one with this pregnacey

Quoting Krueger: My best friend offered, my mother did, and my sister but I don't really want one. It's my second , a boy. Roughly 4 years between them. My mother and sister tell me it's wrong not to and the second son will feel shafted when he finds out later. Any one else just not having one?
Heather2001
by Heather on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:28 PM

I only had a shower with my first.

acclbentz
by Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 12:05 AM

I had one for my first, but that was it. I had quite a bit from my first to use on my second, and now with my third I've still got most of the big items, just need clothes and to stock up on diapers/wipes/etc. I'd love to have a big shower with a theme...but around here I very HIGHLY doubt anyone is going to throw me something that lavish. Lol!

Starlit_Eyes
by Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 4:53 AM

I didn't have one with either of mine and i'm on the third now. My sister said she wanted to do one, i told her it's up to her - i'll give her a list of people i like and let me know what to cook lol. I wouldnt throw one myself but hey if she wants to - cool beans :)

2littledaisies
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 8:26 AM
I'm not but this is baby girl #4 and when she's due my 3rd child will be 2 so I still have almost everything from her. Someone offered to throw me one but it's not necessary
dipsetgrl06
by Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 8:29 AM
I'm excited for mine. It will be my second shower. My first was almost 8 years ago. My son is just as excited since he helped make my registries.
DACIA79
by Silver Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 8:31 AM
I've never had a baby shower. I'm a bit of a control freak so I buy all my own stuff. I also hate parties .
TS9509
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 8:39 AM
I'm not having 1 with this pregnancy. I had 1 with my first ds over 8 years ago. I'm 34 weeks with ds #2. We have everything we need and want for him.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)