Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Urine, water breaking or a little of both??

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:54 PM
  • 6 Replies

I just had to use the bathroom, I was walking and all of a sudden had a huge gush and I couldn't stop it. I still had to really pee afterwards so I went to the bathroom and did that. Could I have peed myself, broken my water or a little of both? I'm 34 weeks pregnant.

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Heather2001
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:31 PM
1 mom liked this

Smell it.  Amniotic fluid has a sweet smell, typically, and pee, well, smells like pee.  If I were to take a guess, I'd say it's probably pee.  But if you're worried, call your doc.  Normally if your water breaks, you'll get more gushes after the first one, especially while moving around.  It's not just one gush and done.

HIJKLM
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:32 PM
Sounds like both to me. Any pain or cramping?
MLB30
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:33 PM

Amniotic fluid will replenish a bit so if it keeps happening like every few minutes then yes. It happened to me lol after ten times I knew I wasn't pissing myself lol and went to the hospital. Good luck 😊

Mommynwife26
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:34 PM
Once your water breaks it doesn't stop umless its plugged and even then a little bit will come out. Get up and walk around and see if your underwear come up wet also try some squats. Also as a pp said smell it
smorgan865
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:52 PM

^^ smell it. And if you keep leaking, definitely notify your doctor ASAP. If you're really unsure, give them a call and they may have you come in for testing. They just can dip a stick in the wetness and tell if it's amniotic fluid.

Also, when I was about 38 weeks I had a big gush I thought was my water breaking but it was actually just built up watery discharge from BV (bacterial vaginosis). They looked at a swab of the moisture under a microscope to find out. I was given an antibiotic and it was totally cleared up, but no risk to the baby anyway.

lmp09
by on Jul. 24, 2014 at 12:12 AM

Following...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)