Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

if I have sex now will it hurt the baby?

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2014 at 4:31 AM
  • 21 Replies
Im.39 weeks now and just want to know if I have sex now will it hurt the baby? I was checked monday and my midwife could feel her head she's now at -2 so if my babys father and I have sex will it stick her in the head. Is it safe to have sex my due date is two days away so im thinking next week she'll be on her way out. I just don't want to hurt her.
by on Jul. 24, 2014 at 4:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TiffanyJanelle
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 6:44 AM
Bump
lilmama8408
by Silver Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 6:45 AM
As long as your not hurting your not hurting baby
Irene1923
by on Jul. 24, 2014 at 11:33 AM
If your water hasn't broken and it doesn't hurt you, you should be fine.
LoveMyBug2013
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 11:38 AM
1 mom liked this

As long as your water hasn't broken and it is comfortable for you, go for it.  The prostaglandins in the semen can also help trigger labor if your body is ready ;)

TiffanyJanelle
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 11:53 AM
I heard thats why I wanna do it because im due Saturday and the last two times we did it my contractions started but only once I had to go tp the hospital so they can be stopped this time im hoping labor starts

Quoting LoveMyBug2013:

As long as your water hasn't broken and it is comfortable for you, go for it.  The prostaglandins in the semen can also help trigger labor if your body is ready ;)

LoveMyBug2013
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 11:59 AM

Go for it and good luck!  But remember, it won't do anything until your body is ready.  The baby emits a hormone when its lungs are developed that triggers labor.  Unless this process has already started, nothing will happen.  If the process has started, the sex could speed it up. 

Lots of walking is also good. 

My first came at 40w2d.

Quoting TiffanyJanelle: I heard thats why I wanna do it because im due Saturday and the last two times we did it my contractions started but only once I had to go tp the hospital so they can be stopped this time im hoping labor starts
Quoting LoveMyBug2013:

evilangel198431
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 12:28 PM

as the others have said it is safe as long as your water hasn't broken and can help labor along. my SO has huge issues with sex this late in pregnancy and i wish he didn't because im now past my due date, having painful contraction that come and go, and he won't have sex with me to help me get them closer together.

TiffanyJanelle
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 12:39 PM
I just want her to come soon because I don't want to be induced and I do lots of walking I walk everyday and I go up and down the stairs.

Quoting LoveMyBug2013:

Go for it and good luck!  But remember, it won't do anything until your body is ready.  The baby emits a hormone when its lungs are developed that triggers labor.  Unless this process has already started, nothing will happen.  If the process has started, the sex could speed it up. 

My first came at 40w2d.

Quoting TiffanyJanelle: I heard thats why I wanna do it because im due Saturday and the last two times we did it my contractions started but only once I had to go tp the hospital so they can be stopped this time im hoping labor starts
Quoting LoveMyBug2013:

LoveMyBug2013
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 12:47 PM

I completely understand.  I was so nervous once I hit my due date that the baby would never come.  Up until 41 weeks (assuming a healthy pregnancy) they don't even have to do extra monitoring.  At 41 weeks they start doing non stress tests and ultrasounds to monitor the placenta.  Most pregnancies will naturally lead to birth by 42 weeks.  Only at 42 weeks do you need to worry about induction (unless there are other medical issues like preeclampsia or a deteriorating placenta).

Quoting TiffanyJanelle: I just want her to come soon because I don't want to be induced and I do lots of walking I walk everyday and I go up and down the stairs.
Quoting LoveMyBug2013:

My first came at 40w2d.

Quoting LoveMyBug2013:

nurse1997
by Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 12:48 PM

Lol no doll

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN