Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

I have learned a lot from this group

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2014 at 8:57 AM
  • 8 Replies
2 moms liked this
I have only been in here since the start of this pregnancy but i have taken away a lot and changed my ideas of birth how i want it to go.

Some examples:
I wont even consider an induction now unless medically necessary and by necessary i mean there's danger. I mean you guys are right, why force your baby to come out if he/she isnt ready?

I will be refusing pitocin, which will be new cuz i had it with both of my last 2 labors.

I def wont trust and u/s to determine baby's size

I wont let anyone pressure or scare me into anything

So thanks :)

I really wish i had been more informed on this stuff with my first 2. I feel much more educated now.
by on Jul. 24, 2014 at 8:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
LoveMyBug2013
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 9:30 AM

Wonderful lessons! 

I did a ton of research and those were all conclusions I came to last time.  I'm glad that there is actually wisdom somewhere on CM and not just judgment :) 

Good luck!

lovemytwo88
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 2:15 PM
Yeah i know! Rare to find on here. I hope other have learned things like this too

Quoting LoveMyBug2013:

Wonderful lessons! 

I did a ton of research and those were all conclusions I came to last time.  I'm glad that there is actually wisdom somewhere on CM and not just judgment :) 

Good luck!

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 2:37 PM

good

krusesbaby
by Silver Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 3:16 PM
Pitocin sucks so much! I was so glad to not have it after my first two. Birth is easier when you can move arround and arent constantly monitored lol.

Larsbug
by Laura on Jul. 24, 2014 at 3:44 PM

good

lovemytwo88
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 5:08 PM
1 mom liked this
Im interested to see how labor differs without it. Im not due til Nov 1 though. Im planning on laboring at home until i get pretty close to delivery.

Quoting krusesbaby: Pitocin sucks so much! I was so glad to not have it after my first two. Birth is easier when you can move arround and arent constantly monitored lol.

HippieMomma08
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 7:55 PM

People have a lot of negative things to say about CM, but us moms can be really helpful!

I'm glad you've found support and information here, that's what I found when I was pregnant with my oldest. I was young and unaware, I started seeing differing opinions here, on CM. I knew enough to know that everything I read on a mom board isn't fact, but the different opinions opened my mind and compelled me to do my own research. I felt much more in control and over all just happier, because I had my own opinion and could back it up with information. Rather than just blindly following what I was told to do.

Good for you, Momma!

kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:47 PM
:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)