Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

First time Mom and not sure about things

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 1:21 AM
  • 11 Replies

I am a first time more currently pregnant with number 1. I was informed about my pregnancy in the hospital er. I am belived to be in the early weeks. I have read that some bleeding is normal I am having light bleeding not very much really even on the liner however have had a clot the size of a qauter just now. Should I be worried? I normally have very heavy periods also with alot of of big clots. I have seen that bleed around the time you normally get you cycle is ok.... Anyone have anything to say about this.

by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 1:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Miss.penguin
by Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 1:32 AM
I had light bleeding around the time I was to get my period. Then again around 7 weeks. I was put on bed rest the second time. I never passed any clots though. Did they do a blood test our urine test?
ma2bvosburgh
by New Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 1:34 AM

It was blood. 

ma2bvosburgh
by New Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 1:35 AM

It was a blood test.

DACIA79
by Silver Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 3:46 AM
I would ask the doctor ASAP.

I had one episode of spotting with my 3rd baby and everything turned out fine. I've never experienced any clots though
ma2bvosburgh
by New Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 12:29 PM

I have a call in to the OB. We will see what they say... Thanks for the advice!

Larsbug
by Laura on Jul. 25, 2014 at 1:22 PM

cramping and some bleeding in early pregnancy can be normal, thought together can sometimes not be the best thing (though I know many woman who go on to have healthy pregnancies), when is your first doctor appointment?

MamaBearEH
Your EDD is not a psychic prediction of exact timing, or an expiry. Be patient - every extra day your baby remains in the womb is a blessing for his or her health!
Yesterday at 4:42 PM
by Silver Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 1:46 PM
Being there is clots I would have it checked out.
ame19
by Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 7:42 PM

I bleed a little between 5-7 weeks. My doc said it was normal to lightly bleed and have dark blood. Get it checked out if you are worried. 

lillucky8
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 7:46 PM

it can be normal to have some bleeding during pregnancy, do you have an obgyn yet? i would probably call them to see what they say

N_maricle
by Bronze Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 10:50 AM

The only way to know if all is well is to find a doctor or midwife you will see the rest if your pregnancy and go in for a visit. You may need an ultrasound at this point to make sure your baby is growing as it should. Spotting in early pregnancy is normal, but large blood clots aren't as far as I know. Good luck, I hope everything works out for you:)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN