Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weird things about pregnancy no one told you. ..

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 4:56 AM
  • 25 Replies
So there are a few things people don't really talk about when it comes to pregnancy that I've had to figure out through experience.

Like my nose gets pretty stuffy and all gross. I get nose bleeds about once a week or so. They are pretty mild and my doctor assured me it's normal but I had no idea.
I wish someone would have told me to stock up on tissue boxes before hand though.

Do you guys have any little things like that which you weren't expecting? How do you handle them?
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 4:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BradleysMom2014
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 5:11 AM

Bloody noses, leg cramps, when DH touches my belly button I have to pee, the small amount of stretch marks I do have itch but I can't scratch them.

The list goes on!!!!

blinker612
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 5:15 AM
3 moms liked this
Omg that really makes you have to go to the bathroom? I swear being pregnant is the weirdest thing I have ever been through.
It's like your body does one thing a certain way your whole life and then all of a sudden it's just like nope... I do this now. Haha

Quoting BradleysMom2014:

Bloody noses, leg cramps, when DH touches my belly button I have to pee, the small amount of stretch marks I do have itch but I can't scratch them.

The list goes on!!!!

TiffanyJanelle
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 5:23 AM
I had stuffy nose at the beginning of my third trimester and when ever something brushes pass my belly button I get horny it was really annoying because in school the desk would rub up against it every time I move. Or the fact that if I think about my bf and touch my belly I'd get horny.
blinker612
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 5:26 AM
Oh I just remembered the other one I had.

My gums started getting puffy and irritated. I usually bush in the morning at night. I started brushing 3 to 4 times a day and the problem resolved itself in about a week.

So brush your teeth an extra time a day lol.
Dragonmamas
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 7:43 AM
The sinus issues, the night time leg cramping, the BH after you have sex. Ugh!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
StaciF
by Silver Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 7:53 AM
That my lady bits would swell up like a giant blue hot dog bun towards the end!!!!!
abifasc
by Silver Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:26 AM
This is my third pregnancy, but with my first I didn't kind how badly my boobs would hurt, how all my joints would soften and pop, constant discharge, mucus plug. How normal it is to be overdue, how much it hurts when your milk comes in and how long pp bleeding lasts.
mamashealovekin
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 12:08 PM
After my second I wish someone would have told me I would still have contractions all day the next day after she was born.
FarmGirl2B
by Silver Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 1:47 PM
1 mom liked this
Stabbing hooha pains.
lovemytwo88
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 2:02 PM
1 mom liked this
This is pretty bad but when i gave birth to my first baby at 19, i had no idea that my milk was gonna come in like that. I knew i would get milk but i had no idea i would wake up one day w/gigantic boobs hard as rock. It was shocking for me
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)