Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is there a way to tell???

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 11:36 AM
  • 3 Replies
I know I'm posting a lot the last few days. I was 2 cm three weeks ago I am 37 weeks now and I have had contractions for 2 days on and off now. and I had bloody show. I wish there was way to check and know how far dilated I am. When I check I can tell it's open but I don't know how to measure how much. And I can feell what feels like baby's head.
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 11:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Heather2001
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 12:19 PM
1 mom liked this

Keep in mind that dilation means nothing before active labor and keeping cervical checks at a minimum is important to prevent bacteria from being introduced.  You could go into labor tomorrow or you could walk around like that for another few weeks.  There's really no telling.  Hugs!

amberNewman0213
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 12:20 PM
Not a good idea too. It can cause an infection to go to the baby. Even when u in the hospital they don't like checking too often.
MammaKoi
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 12:32 PM

If your choosing to check for dilation make sure your washing your hands before and after. Also use sterial gloves it reduces the risk of bacteria all up in there,Lol. I would be safe to say if you get some good contractions going I would go in just to be safe. I was like that with my first and randomly at 32wks my water broke and I had him that morning. Best of luck! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)