Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural birth

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 6:49 PM
  • 20 Replies
Hi I'm 23 yrs old and I am 34 wks along. I want to have a natural birth but I'm having some issues on it. First thing is I fractured my foot a week ago due to a fall and passed out a few times due to the pain. Which shows I can't handle pain very well. The other thing is I am not getting any support. My family keeps saying to get the epidural. Any advice?
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 6:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaBearEH
by Silver Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 6:55 PM
Educate yourself on natural birth, and don't spend time with the people that aren't supporting you. Ina May is a great resource, and Chris Kresser also has some great articles on natural birth. If you surround yourself with people who don't support your wishes it's going to be extremely difficult for you to succeed! Also if you're thinking all about pain you're going to psyche yourself out and make it was worse than it actually is. Natural birth is totally different than one that has been tampered with from pitocen and stuff like that. Just because you're a FTM doesn't mean you can't do it either.
Alavere
by New Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 6:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Labor pain is different from the sort of pain you feel when you break your foot.  I am a HUGE baby about pain but i handled labor MUCH better.  Focus on the fact that soon you'll meet your baby and you'll do fine!

Zvinoah14
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 6:59 PM
I read on it everyday. I know of 3 young ladies whom had a successful natural birth. My sister however couldn't handle it. I'm just worried about passing out.

Quoting MamaBearEH: Educate yourself on natural birth, and don't spend time with the people that aren't supporting you. Ina May is a great resource, and Chris Kresser also has some great articles on natural birth. If you surround yourself with people who don't support your wishes it's going to be extremely difficult for you to succeed! Also if you're thinking all about pain you're going to psyche yourself out and make it was worse than it actually is. Natural birth is totally different than one that has been tampered with from pitocen and stuff like that. Just because you're a FTM doesn't mean you can't do it either.
momager2two
by Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 7:01 PM
1 mom liked this
I would look into thr bradley method or hypnobirthing birthing classes. They teach you how to relax and handle labor pains.

Do your research on epidurals. They lead to the "need" for pitocin being used, which all leads to an unnecessary c-section.

Surround yourself with people who support your decisions. If they dont, distance yourself from them. You dont need the stress! Good luck!
UntamedSkittlez
by Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 7:01 PM
I was going to do a natural water birth. The water will help reduce pain as well as relax your muscles making it easier for baby to come out.

Quoting Zvinoah14: Hi I'm 23 yrs old and I am 34 wks along. I want to have a natural birth but I'm having some issues on it. First thing is I fractured my foot a week ago due to a fall and passed out a few times due to the pain. Which shows I can't handle pain very well. The other thing is I am not getting any support. My family keeps saying to get the epidural. Any advice?
mamashealovekin
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 7:02 PM
That's what I'm doing as well :-)

Quoting UntamedSkittlez: I was going to do a natural water birth. The water will help reduce pain as well as relax your muscles making it easier for baby to come out.

Quoting Zvinoah14: Hi I'm 23 yrs old and I am 34 wks along. I want to have a natural birth but I'm having some issues on it. First thing is I fractured my foot a week ago due to a fall and passed out a few times due to the pain. Which shows I can't handle pain very well. The other thing is I am not getting any support. My family keeps saying to get the epidural. Any advice?
LoveVenus
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 7:04 PM
Im sorry mama, ive never used any pain meds while in labor. I went natural as my labors last no more than 3 hours maybe less. Just educate your self. When are you due? Im due september 4th but can probably be sooner.
Zvinoah14
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 7:17 PM
I'm due sept. 4 as well but was told he may come earlier. My cervix opens. I'm also worried that he may come sooner because I have to use crutches due to my fracture and there's a lot of movement going on.

Quoting LoveVenus: Im sorry mama, ive never used any pain meds while in labor. I went natural as my labors last no more than 3 hours maybe less. Just educate your self. When are you due? Im due september 4th but can probably be sooner.
GodsAmiga
by Silver Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 7:32 PM

Well, I can tell you that I have extremely low pain tolerance but have had 3 natural births so far. :-) As other ladies have said educate yourself. Also, I labor at home for as long as possible to be in a comfortable environment with the ability to labor how I need. For me, I have to keep walking. This also has made it so that it is too late for an epi by the time I go in. Lol!

ame19
by Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 7:41 PM

Check into ways to get yourself focused during birth, even if it is breathing techniques. Every women is different when giving birth whether natural, water, or meds. Just see what makes you feel more at peace. Check out places that give different classes on birth and see what works best. Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)