Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

? about my newborn. blister in diaper area..could it be HSV???

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:10 PM
  • 7 Replies
So my son was born the 8th and last Friday he got a yellow puss filled plaster about the size of a pea right above his "thing" I asked my mom about it and she said to leave it alone and see what happens. later that night I guess from it rubbing on his diaper it popped and drained so I put a little antibiotic ointment on it and it healed within 2 days. then he got another that was much smaller and healed on its own... and now he has ANOTHER. all 3 have been in diff areas of his diaper area. could there be another cause for blisters or could he have been born with herpes???

Please note that I have never had an out break and have never been told by a Dr that I had any form of herpes and I really no nothing about the STD... my husband had been around quite a bit before we got together and I did read that some p can carry the virus but not have out breaks so I'm freaking out... can someone please tell me there's another cause to these blisters?
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Avetay
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:17 PM
Bring him to his pediatrician
RishawnsMom
by Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:23 PM

Maybe it's an allergic reaction.  But I would definitely get him an appointment ASAP.  

MamaBearEH
by Silver Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:25 PM
Yellow puss is not a sign of allergic reaction... Go see a doctor.

Quoting RishawnsMom:

Maybe it's an allergic reaction.  But I would definitely get him an appointment ASAP.  

MrsWilk32
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:28 PM
2 of my 4 boys had those. Both came back as staph infection.
smorgan865
by Silver Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:29 PM
Doctor, urgent care, or ER. That seems extremely worry some.
Heather2001
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:33 PM

Ask his doc about it at his next appointment.  Maybe take a pic of the blister in case there isn't one when you go.

mamatink7
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:34 PM

may have reaction from diaper he is wearing, my ds2 had reaction from certain diapers. good luck and try to air out area as much as possible

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)