Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone else get annoyed when...

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 11:58 PM
  • 13 Replies
Having to explain WHY you have to have a c-section? I've had a variation of this conversation with multiple people.
Them: When are you due again?
Me: August 27, but I'm having her the 21.
Them: Why so early? Are they inducing you that early?
Me: I have to have a c section. I had one with my first.
Them: Well didn't you know you can deliver naturally even after a c section?
Me: Yes. But it depends on insurance, hospital, doctor, stuff like that and my insurance won't cover a VBAC.

Every time I'm thinking a) why is it your damn business why I'm having a c section? And b) I'm pretty sure most people know that it's possible to have a VBAC. This is my second kid. Why would you assume I didn't know?!

Sorry for the rant. Just wondering if anyone else has had this annoying conversation...
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 11:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Heather2001
by on Jul. 26, 2014 at 12:14 AM
1 mom liked this

I haven't, but I think some people are just genuinely curious.  I can see it being annoying, though.  Just tell them you've considered all your options and made the best decision for your circumstances and leave it at that.  =)

nebcutie
by Bronze Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 12:19 AM
I was going to do a vbac or so i thought until i was told that the only doctor to do it lived 2 hours away. I just say i would rather have a c-section with a doctor who knows what he is doing then have a vbac with just the staff at the hospital cause we all know there is no telling baby to just wait until the doctor gets in...lol
MixedCooke
by on Jul. 26, 2014 at 12:53 AM
1 mom liked this

nah I get the "why are you trying to be a super hero?" when i tell them I am not getting an epidural.  i have scoliosis so its difficult for the doc to get a good placement of it and usually by the time they do, I am already progressed enough that its too late for them to put the medicine in and I have a high threshold of pain and it doesnt hurt until I am actually pushing the baby out and after about 3 pushes they are out for me.

Krizzle01
by on Jul. 26, 2014 at 2:57 AM
People are just nosy lol I'm sure the questions get annoying. I had an emergency c-section with DD because she was not liking the contractions. At my 6 week visit, ob said I will be a repeat c-section for future deliveries because I'm small lol it's just the way it is.
eykelley
by on Jul. 26, 2014 at 3:00 AM
I had a repeat with dd. Ds was an emergency csec at 37.5, & i HAD to have a repeat. I was perfecrly fine with that. I had a few people question my repeat byt when i told them i cant physically give birth they dropped it. It is annoying.
booaura
by on Jul. 26, 2014 at 5:06 AM
I've never had a c-section, so I haven't run into that, but I've had people ask why I haven't scheduled a c-section, and why I don't want one. I'm having twins, and almost everyone I know assumes that means I've already scheduled a c-section.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SnakePitSnake
by on Jul. 26, 2014 at 5:41 AM
Who the hell is asking you?

"I'd rather not talk about that."

That is how it's done. It's clean and simple. Repeat as necessary. Do not open up to Joe Blow about how you want one and your insurance is this or that but you wish they'd allow you...blah blah blah. It's no one's business.
blinker612
by on Jul. 26, 2014 at 6:25 AM
People are so freaking nosey. I'm not planning on having a c-section but some of the other things people say drive me nuts. This is my first baby and the question I'm getting a lot is about breastfeeding.

I tell them I would like to and that is the plan then I always get a lecture about how is the best thing for me and the baby blah blah blah. Most of the people this conversation comes up with have never actually had kids... like my uncle. Wtf does a guy know about it...

Like mind your own damn business.

From what I gather it either works out and you do it or you try it and it just doesn't work out... so what. You can't plan everything.
Mom2Just1
by on Jul. 26, 2014 at 10:32 AM

Just say we are due on this date and leave at that.

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

sspaschal2427
by on Jul. 26, 2014 at 10:35 AM
I'm having a c-section also... people ask the same thing or they ask what medical issues I've had to have to get one. My DD was born c-section also because she got stuck
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)