Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

cant sleep.and iam so

Posted by on Jul. 26, 2014 at 1:05 AM
  • 7 Replies
Irritated..iam 38 weeks and 2 days and its been two weeks that I cant sleep and iam up all.night I feel itchy all over and tired but cant sleep all I do is toss and turn and walk from room t rooM...iam to the point were I feel.like crying cuz iam so exhauste....any sugggestions? What can I take to help.me rest and is safe f me and bby?
by on Jul. 26, 2014 at 1:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Emily197
by Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 1:14 AM

have you tried Lavender oil? you can put it into a bath it will help you relax and should help with the itching as well. it is also safe to take benadryl while pregnant.

oaxaca3
by Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 1:18 AM
Is it just regular benadryl? And where do I find lavander oil?
Emily197
by Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 1:31 AM

yes regular benadryl is fine. you can find lavander oil at a health food store its wonderful I use it on my son who is always itchy and it does help you can put a couple of drop into a bath or get a mixing oil also from the health food store and rub it dirctly on the skin. when you go to get it you can ask for help and just tell them you are looking for an essential oil lavander. 

Emily197
by Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 1:36 AM

you can also find lavander at a walgreens or a walmart  

oaxaca3
by Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 2:06 AM
Ok thanks
howkhuntastic
by Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 4:26 AM
I'm 28 weeks and can't sleep, I'm either to hot, having leg cramps or laurel a bad tooth and ear. It sucks, I've always figured it's basis way of making sure we can handle those first sleepless weeks and months.
blinker612
by Bronze Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 6:30 AM
Benadryl for sure. It might knock you on your ass though. I would try to take it like an hour or so before you want to go to sleep. If you take it too late you'll sleep all day. Also don't take it every night you don't wanna get hooked on it. It's not that bad but it could be a bit of a problem trying to fall asleep with out it after having taken it for a few days straight. I've never let myself take it more than 3 nights a week and preferably not back to back.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)