Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

I miss sleep...

Posted by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 5:40 AM
  • 7 Replies
I'll be 29 weeks Monday and for a couple weeks now I cannot seem to sleep for longer than 45 minutes to an hour at a time. I have some serious dental issues that makes laying down hurt, sciatica, and cramps. Not too mention feeling like I'm going to pee myself then getting two drops. I'm exhausted, but just woke up after 30 minutes of sleep and an awake again. Blah. I miss it but know it will be a while until I get a full night's sleep. I should be used to it I guess my one year old is barely sleeping through the night now. Anyone else having sleep issues?
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 5:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
MixedCooke
by Bronze Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 5:49 AM
I'll be 36 weeks on Tuesday and I'll be lucky if I sleep 15 minutes ;(
blinker612
by Bronze Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 5:52 AM
It's 2:48 am and I am replying to this... that's a yes haha.

I'm 29 weeks 5 days. I get exactly what you mean. I'll probably sleep till noon tomorrow but I'll wake up about 50 times in between now and then. I couldn't imagine going through this with a 1 year old at home. Blah! I just wanna feel normal again.

Benadryl helps but you have to take.it early in the night. I try to take it around 10 or 11. I didn't get home till 1 am tonight so it was too late for that.

Hopefully you get some kind of sleep.
howkhuntastic
by Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 5:52 AM
It really sucks. I'm at my aunt's tonight and the kids have taken over the couch so I doubt I'll be back to sleep soon. I don't remember this until much later in my previous pregnancies.
howkhuntastic
by Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 5:58 AM
It quit working for me. Even taking it early I fall asleep and an hour later back up. My 4&5 year old I have on the weekend and I have my 1&2 year old full time, so it is crazy busy. They'll be up by 7 too. The older ones have a party tomorrow around noon ex mil I'd taking them to so hopefully when my aunt gets home dh well watch the babies and let me try to fall asleep for a while. I told him u need a sleep number bed lol, one that moves and can be cold. Hope you get done sleep soon, I'm going to go try and get another hour or more before the babies wake up. I may just turn on the babies first tv nighttime shows it works for them lol.

Quoting blinker612: It's 2:48 am and I am replying to this... that's a yes haha.

I'm 29 weeks 5 days. I get exactly what you mean. I'll probably sleep till noon tomorrow but I'll wake up about 50 times in between now and then. I couldn't imagine going through this with a 1 year old at home. Blah! I just wanna feel normal again.

Benadryl helps but you have to take.it early in the night. I try to take it around 10 or 11. I didn't get home till 1 am tonight so it was too late for that.

blinker612
by Bronze Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 6:04 AM
Oh my gosh! Good luck. I guess naps are the answer for you!

Quoting howkhuntastic: It quit working for me. Even taking it early I fall asleep and an hour later back up. My 4&5 year old I have on the weekend and I have my 1&2 year old full time, so it is crazy busy. They'll be up by 7 too. The older ones have a party tomorrow around noon ex mil I'd taking them to so hopefully when my aunt gets home dh well watch the babies and let me try to fall asleep for a while. I told him u need a sleep number bed lol, one that moves and can be cold. Hope you get done sleep soon, I'm going to go try and get another hour or more before the babies wake up. I may just turn on the babies first tv nighttime shows it works for them lol.

Quoting blinker612: It's 2:48 am and I am replying to this... that's a yes haha.

mamashealovekin
by Bronze Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 11:37 AM
I'm 32w4d and haven't had a good night sleep in I don't know how long. If I'm not up peeing I'm getting a drink or shaking out my hands due to.pregnancy induced carpal tunnel :-(
howkhuntastic
by Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 4:29 PM
The carpal tunnel is the worst,I have it pregnant or not, but no matter how I sleep I wake up to numb hands and arms.

Quoting mamashealovekin: I'm 32w4d and haven't had a good night sleep in I don't know how long. If I'm not up peeing I'm getting a drink or shaking out my hands due to.pregnancy induced carpal tunnel :-(
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)