Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

does sex really works?!

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2014 at 7:01 PM
  • 10 Replies
I'm 38 weeks and I'm just tired. I'm ready for my little girl to come. My mother and mother in-law and everyone in my family been telling me to have sex with my husband. I'm just wondering does this really work or is it a wives tale.

(I've have also been walking around alot)
by on Jul. 28, 2014 at 7:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
melindabelcher
by on Jul. 28, 2014 at 7:05 PM
You can be done and have hrs of sex with huge orgasms all day long but it won't do you any good if baby isn't ready to come.
That being said we've always had lots of sex because we're both horny ppl and never made it to due date
momtimesx4
by New Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 7:12 PM
1 mom liked this
We tried it and vibrators on my last pregnancy but it didn't help. Was fun though.
momtotwo08
by Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 7:15 PM
I tried it with my oldest ds. It made me bleed and had a few contractions. They just gave me a shot to stop them and sent me home.
momtotwo08
by Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 7:19 PM
I tried it with my oldest ds. It made me bleed and had a few contractions. They just gave me a shot to stop them and sent me home.
Smorton64
by Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 7:22 PM
It worked for us at 38 weeks, it could've also been the yoga ball, spicy food, or walking around that same night.
lilmama8408
by Silver Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 7:23 PM
The sperm can soften your cervix and sex can start contractions but they won't stick around if your baby and body arnt ready
bmthverana
by Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 7:24 PM

Didn't work for me... but we tried it anyway. Was nice to have it 3 times a day for 2 weeks tho lol

CafeMom Tickers
Jademarae24
by Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 11:55 AM
I did it and I started having contractions an hour later. Gave birth too my son the day before his due date!
justinnaimee
by Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 11:58 AM
As much as anything. Semen contains prostaglandins which help soften the cervix.
RADmomma
by Bronze Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 12:08 PM

it wont hurt...but it wont put you into labor unless baby is ready anyways. the semen will help soften the cervix though.... so its not really the act of sex but the semen that helps.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN