Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

H&M maternity is a joke.

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 1:05 AM
  • 10 Replies
Ok so my first pair of maternity pants are getting a bit snug. I'll be 30 weeks tomorrow (yay!). I decided to go Jean shopping at the mall and the only options there are Macy's and H&M.

I've been wearing a size 6 since 12 weeks so I thought I would just get an 8 and be ok. The 6 still fits it's just a little hard to get on. (I have different things from Old Navy and Motherhood).

Anyway I get to H&M grab a 6 and an 8. I couldn't even get the 8 over my freaking thighs. I sent my bf out to find me a 12 and I couldn't get into those were a little snugger than the pants I have now. So I ended up trying on a 14 and those are what fit. A FREAKING 14! It just made me feel really fat. Plus the biggest size they have is a 16.

Something about the whole experience just felt really insluting and put me in a bad mood. I know sizes vary by store but not that freaking much. 6 to a 14... My god.

Anyway don't bother going there unless you are either a stick or ready to buy pants double your size.
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 1:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kelly617
by Gold Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 1:28 AM

Yah..maternity sizes are pretty messed up

With my first pregnancy I ended up sobbing in the mall. I tried pants on at JC penny, Sears, Target....you name it...and they were all insanely small. The only place that had pants that actually seemed true to size with the belly panel was Motherhood Maternity...I picked out MY size and it fit normally thru my legs and then had the belly panel for my bump. Every other store the legs were like skinny jeans for some reason.

Yah I dunno why they do that...its so upsetting for a woman that is already emotionally fragile to begin with
From what I could tell it seemed like whatever your size was...you would have to go up several sizes

MixedCooke
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 1:55 AM
1 mom liked this

Target has some pretty good maternity pants. 

blinker612
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 4:04 AM
I tried there today and they just didn't have anything I liked. Maybe I'll try the one by school tomorrow. I've noticed that Target is sort of inconsistent in their maternity inventory store to store.

Quoting MixedCooke:

MixedCooke
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 4:06 AM
That is definitely true! Babies R Us has but I find them overpriced.

Quoting blinker612: I tried there today and they just didn't have anything I liked. Maybe I'll try the one by school tomorrow. I've noticed that Target is sort of inconsistent in their maternity inventory store to store.

Quoting MixedCooke:

blinker612
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 4:13 AM
Yea I'm already at 30 weeks so I don't want to send a ton of money on something that I'm only going to use for for a short period of time. Blahď

Quoting MixedCooke: That is definitely true! Babies R Us has but I find them overpriced.

Quoting blinker612: I tried there today and they just didn't have anything I liked. Maybe I'll try the one by school tomorrow. I've noticed that Target is sort of inconsistent in their maternity inventory store to store.

Quoting MixedCooke:

CutieCrab
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 6:56 AM

All pants are different and fit differently.  MAternity jean shopping is just not fun and is depressing.

blinker612
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 7:11 PM
1 mom liked this
I know all brands and stuff are different but not by that much. Like a 6 or an 8 fits me fine everywhere else. But a freaking 14... come on that's the most rediculous thing I've ever heard. They are so far off feom the norm it's pathetic. It's like they aren't even trying!

Quoting CutieCrab:

All pants are different and fit differently.  MAternity jean shopping is just not fun and is depressing.

MamaBearEH
by Silver Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 9:15 PM

Tip - clothes made in places like China will fit much smaller.

If you have a local maternity store, instead of the big boxes like mentioned, you might find them worth checking out too.  I was on a budget where only a few "maternity" items were manageable.  I got way more bang for my buck at the local store than was available anywhere else!

Autumn19
by Ruby Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 10:42 PM
:(
blinker612
by on Jul. 31, 2014 at 4:32 AM
I just remember Burlington Coat factory has a maternity section. I think their jeans were like 13 bucks. I'm gonna have to try some of those on.

Quoting MamaBearEH:

Tip - clothes made in places like China will fit much smaller.

If you have a local maternity store, instead of the big boxes like mentioned, you might find them worth checking out too.  I was on a budget where only a few "maternity" items were manageable.  I got way more bang for my buck at the local store than was available anywhere else!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)