Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

expecting num 8

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 2:08 AM
  • 6 Replies
When pg with baby 7 a yr ago I had a hard time. Was on strong meds and in constant pain. Had my first c section and she was 4 wks early. My husband suffered a heart attack and was in icu for a week just two wks before she was born. It was a trying time but we all supported eachother and the kids where amazing. Throughout that pg I heard over and over you are done now right...this has been to much you have several heatlthy children.. although I always wanted 9 I found myself say yes this is the last. My dr would say has your husband booked his vasectomy? Your not having anymore right.
We decided we wanted one more aft recently adopting our niece. So we are expecting in jan 2015. I am 15wks and have not seen a dr. I know I need to. I have felt baby move and iv been feeling well. My problem is I feel like ive done something wrong in the yes of my dr. Like a child whos parent will be disapointed in them when they hear the news. I hate this feeling. I love this baby and am so looking forward tovadding him or her to our family. But I cant move past this feeling and im ggetting overwhelmed by it. Any advice :)
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 2:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
blinker612
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 4:25 AM
2 moms liked this
Holy cow! You must be a super hero or something! Lol. If you're that nervous you could try switching doctors. That can be a total pain in the butt though.

It does seem like a taboo to have so many kids nowadays but who cares. If you and your family are happy then it's no one else's business. My SOs parents both have like 6 or 7 siblings each it used to just be normal to have a million kids. I don't know when that changed. It's kind of sad. My grandpa was one of 11. I guess it's just not the way people do things anymore.

But like I said who cares!. Go get the care you need and own it. Everyone else can jump off a bridge.
EninJenniLouis
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 9:04 AM
1 mom liked this
I went through something similar, but I'm only on #4. Still, after #3 my doctor was seriously concerned about me getting pregnant again, for my own safety. When I bit the bullet and went in, I didn't get the lecture I expected, but he did say, "You know this is a very, very bad idea, right?" That's it. It was only the first appointment that was hard. I'm now 27 weeks and hoping to safely make it to 38.
Bailieboromom
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 9:07 AM
1 mom liked this
Ahh congrats and thankyou. Im hoping this will be the case for me. I feel so silly. Iv always been so excited to be pg and wanted everyone to know. Im glad someone else has felt the same. Best of luck with your pregnancy.
rmgriffberg
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 9:13 AM
1 mom liked this

Congrats on #8!!!!

Heather2001
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 10:02 AM
1 mom liked this
Congrats! Your family dynamic is no one's business but your own.
lillucky8
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 10:04 AM
1 mom liked this
Congrats! I would see your doc soon, i would be worried about the complications that you had last pregnancy, dont worry about your doc, your body, your family, dont let that stress you
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)