Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Will you have a baby shower?

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 8:21 AM
  • 308 Replies

Will you have a baby shower? Where are you registering? 

dancing         pregnant belly

by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 8:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LoveMyBug2013
by Bronze Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 9:21 AM

No, this is my second in 2 years. I don't believe in showers for subsequent children as showers are to welcome a mother into motherhood and are not the celebration of that particular child.

I'm not sure if we are going to register or not--probably will just to get the free stuff.  We need things like a toddler high chair (booster), double stroller, and if it is a girl some girl clothes.  Other than that we have everything we need from the first.

RADmomma
by Bronze Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 9:36 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes. im my family every baby gets a celebration. We have a big family cookout and spend the day talking about everyones childhood memories. for us its not about gifts.... just a time to get together and celebrate a new family member.

I do register at Walmart and target... more for my own record keeping of what we need vs what we have purchased.

Smoore922
by Samantha on Jul. 30, 2014 at 9:49 AM
2 moms liked this

This my third but my husbands first and I know his mom woul dlike to have one, so I believe his mom and my mom are throwing one. I felt kind of weird about it at first,but then again, why not?! My youngest will be 6 next month and I had gotten rid of everything because I thought I was done having kids so it will actually be kind of nice to have one. We have been slowly purchasing stuff on our own though like a crip, wipes, diapers, breast pump, etc.

So just a party to celebrate with our family and friends will be nice :)

Avetay
by Gold Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 9:49 AM
I doubt it. Im 24 weeks abd no one has said anything to me about one. This is my 3rd child in under 5 years and ive got a dd and ds.
Kinda makes me sad because ive never had a "real shower"
Smoore922
by Samantha on Jul. 30, 2014 at 9:50 AM

And we registered at BRU and Target either way to get the benefits while buying the stuff on our own

army_wifey_06
by Silver Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 10:03 AM
Not unless someone throws a surprise shower lol. I wouldn't mind having one since this is my first girl but I'm not going to throw my own haha
booaura
by Aurabella on Jul. 30, 2014 at 10:30 AM
Yes, my bil is throwing me one :) These are babies 4 and 5, but it's going to be more of a party for me really, to spend time with friends that I haven't been able to see because I've been so sick.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Serabeth06
by Bronze Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 10:33 AM

No shower. Never had one before, why start now?

LoveNaCupcake
by Bronze Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 11:12 AM

Yes, and this will be my 4th. lol a friend and my mom have gotten together to throw one and my MIL always throws one for all her friends (she is filipino so in all reality I think she uses it as an excuse to party lol).

Decemberlov
by Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 11:21 AM

This is exactly our situation as well, except my youngest is almost 12!!

I definitely didn't have anything left either. Plus we just wanted to be able to celebrate with friends & family. We had a bbq/baby shower last weekend.

Quoting Smoore922:

This my third but my husbands first and I know his mom woul dlike to have one, so I believe his mom and my mom are throwing one. I felt kind of weird about it at first,but then again, why not?! My youngest will be 6 next month and I had gotten rid of everything because I thought I was done having kids so it will actually be kind of nice to have one. We have been slowly purchasing stuff on our own though like a crip, wipes, diapers, breast pump, etc.

So just a party to celebrate with our family and friends will be nice :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)