Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Headaches--is it worth calling?

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 9:18 AM
  • 12 Replies

I'm 11w 4d with my second.

For the past 4-5 days I've been waking up with a very dull headache.  It usually goes away within an hour or two.  Today it's sticking around (been up for over 4 hours). 

Is it worth calling my MW?

My next appointment is a week from Friday because they had to cancel the one last Friday and since I don't have any complications said I don't have to take a day off of work to go in. 

by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 9:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Heather2001
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 9:56 AM
Not worth calling, IMO. The hormones can cause headaches - I get them frequently during pregnancy. You also might be dehydrated after sleeping all night.
lillucky8
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 10:08 AM
If its unbearable i would call, i get migraines so if i had them for four days id be calling begging for relief
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
booaura
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 10:27 AM
1 mom liked this
Not really, no. Headaches are normal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LoveMyBug2013
by Silver Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 11:03 AM

Not unbearable.  Very dull ache.  Not even enough to take tylenol.

Quoting lillucky8: If its unbearable i would call, i get migraines so if i had them for four days id be calling begging for relief

LoveNaCupcake
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 11:10 AM

Headaches are normal during pregnancy, now if they are accompanied with swelling then you should worry. My doctor said if the headache ever got bad just have some coffee or a soda and see if that helps, if not it never hurts to call. 

LoveMyBug2013
by Silver Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 11:18 AM

No swelling.  I'll check my BP when I go to the gym around 1. 

I was just thinking because it's been every morning for 4-5 days. 

Quoting LoveNaCupcake:

Headaches are normal during pregnancy, now if they are accompanied with swelling then you should worry. My doctor said if the headache ever got bad just have some coffee or a soda and see if that helps, if not it never hurts to call. 

LoveNaCupcake
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 11:20 AM

I had a similar sympton early on this pregnancy, I was always waking up with headaches, I finally had a bad one and called the doctor, he said "go get some soda and if that doesn't work just come in" so I went and got a soda and it helped lol, thankfully they went away though. I would def. bring it up at your appointment though!

Quoting LoveMyBug2013:

No swelling.  I'll check my BP when I go to the gym around 1. 

I was just thinking because it's been every morning for 4-5 days. 

Quoting LoveNaCupcake:

blinker612
by on Jul. 31, 2014 at 5:59 PM
I had like 2 weeks of pretty bad headaches (weeks 12 and 13 I think). It was horrible. I asked the doctor and he said it was normal and to just take Tylenol if I wanted.
Stephanie116
by Bronze Member on Jul. 31, 2014 at 6:06 PM
I had headaches dang near every day with baby #4. They just told me to take Tylenol as needed. It didn't really work for me. I caved and started drinking Pepsi because it was the only thing that seemed to offer any relief.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Jones2314
by on Jul. 31, 2014 at 6:27 PM
I have headaches almost everyday, and I am 11 weeks. I just saw my doctor on Tuesday as he said to take Tylenol as needed. And since I am borderline for diabetes, he diet even tell me about drinking soda because I can't have the extra sugar. He did say headaches are pretty common.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)