Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should I call my doctor??

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 11:20 AM
  • 9 Replies

Since yesterday evening I have had pelvic pain. It started out weak and gradually got worse. Today it's to the point where when I walk I am very slow but it still hurts awfully bad. I can't be in ANY position without it hurting. Laying down is the worst. I have felt wetness in my pants but it's probably just discharge. I'm 35 weeks pregnant. Yesterday at my OB appointment(before the pains started, LONG before) they said it's a tell-tale whether or not I have to be induced next week(based on how I'm measuring and how she is. I'm measuring 31 weeks but baby is only measuring 7 days behind). Anyways, I don't want to just be sent home, especially if it gets worse. What should I do?

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 11:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Serabeth06
by Bronze Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 12:07 PM
1 mom liked this

Is it the bones of your pelvis, or is it your uterus inside your pelvis that hurts? If it's cramping, aching pain low in your uterus around your pelvis, I'd say call the OB and tell them. If it's your pelvic bones, I don't think there's much that can be done, just take a warm bath and try to get comfy. In either case, it's always better to call and be told it's normal than not call.

meagan517
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 12:11 PM
Yeah I would call but chances are the baby just got lower and in position for birth.
Decemberlov
by Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 12:18 PM
1 mom liked this

I might call just to be sure. Why do they want to induce so early? If baby is measuring small, wouldn't they want her to grow as much as possible before birth?

DonnasMommy16
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 12:26 PM

I'm measuring small but she is measuring almost on track. I think it's because I was induced at 36 weeks with my 1st, and I may have IUGR (which is why I was induced the first time, there wasn't enough room for her to keep growing).

Quoting Decemberlov:

I might call just to be sure. Why do they want to induce so early? If baby is measuring small, wouldn't they want her to grow as much as possible before birth?

CafeMom Tickers
DonnasMommy16
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 12:27 PM

I'm not sure if it's my uterus. It just hurts really bad and now I'm extremely nauseous.

Quoting Serabeth06:

Is it the bones of your pelvis, or is it your uterus inside your pelvis that hurts? If it's cramping, aching pain low in your uterus around your pelvis, I'd say call the OB and tell them. If it's your pelvic bones, I don't think there's much that can be done, just take a warm bath and try to get comfy. In either case, it's always better to call and be told it's normal than not call.

CafeMom Tickers
mamatink7
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 3:02 PM

i would go to ER or call OB again let her know what is going on.

good luck

Autumn19
by Ruby Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 3:12 PM
Call
Bresmom13
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 3:13 PM

I had alot of pain from the sciatic nerve that runs down your leg, along with the hips. It was sooo bad I was like you, couldnt walk or lay down.

N_maricle
by Bronze Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 3:39 PM

If it's bothering you a lot, you should just call. They might want you to come in for an appt. or they might say its normal. But from my experience, in my last 2 pregnancies I was very uncomfortable around 35 weeks, but it wasn't disabling or anything. If it is due to the baby pressing ing your nerves, you might be able to get a massage or something to ease the pain

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)