Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

preeclampsia

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 11:47 AM
  • 8 Replies
Well the word finally came up at this appoitnment and my ob warned me to look out for signs and symptoms because with ds I had it. So far my bp is good just the protein. Fingers crossed I make it to 36 weeks before things get worse if I get it!
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 11:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
meagan517
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 11:52 AM
How many weeks are you now? My friend had pre e and her legs were swelling.
MixedCooke
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 12:21 PM
Take a baby aspirin daily from now in and that may help.
BrookeyLea
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 1:07 PM
24 weeks now. My ob said there's now evidence backing up the aspirin but said it couldn't hurt. I don't really want to because I know patients who took it for a long time and it killed their kidneys. So far no signs just the proteib
Devious103102
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 2:12 PM
Good thoughts! I'd do the aspirin, its worth a try.
BrookeyLea
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 3:41 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't want to because I had patients who killed their kidneys taking aspirin for long period of time :(

Quoting Devious103102: Good thoughts! I'd do the aspirin, its worth a try.
Devious103102
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 7:47 PM

They were probably taking more than the required dosage long term (YEARS, not a few weeks). I took it with DD4 and with DS and if it's something that could potentially save the pregnancy I'd do it.

Quoting BrookeyLea: I don't want to because I had patients who killed their kidneys taking aspirin for long period of time :(

cagurl2az
by on Jul. 31, 2014 at 12:19 PM
I didn't get it until I was in week 35 with my first kiddo. My feet literally swelled up around my flip flops. I went to the doctor and was admitted and induced at 37 weeks. I am concerned with this pregnancy and the midwife told me that they will monitor me closely which means more blood test and 24 hour urine test to get a base line for spilling protein.
BrookeyLea
by on Jul. 31, 2014 at 6:07 PM

Between my past high blood pressure and added meds i try not to take anything that could harm my kidneys, I am a dialysis tech and wouldnt wish dialysis on my worst nightmare ! And my OB said  there is no real evidence of proof that it does anything. Im just hoping i dont get it ! 

Quoting Devious103102:

They were probably taking more than the required dosage long term (YEARS, not a few weeks). I took it with DD4 and with DS and if it's something that could potentially save the pregnancy I'd do it.

Quoting BrookeyLea: I don't want to because I had patients who killed their kidneys taking aspirin for long period of time :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)