Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Boy Names: Red, Fishing...

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 12:36 PM
  • 2 Replies

I want to name this baby (due in early Nov) for my brother, who passed away two years ago.

The easy answer is to name the baby Scott (my brother's name), but my husband and mom both like Scott better as a middle name.  Scott will be either the first or middle name, depending on what other names we find.

Right now, I'm looking at names related to being a ginger (if it were a girl, we'd probably have named her Ginger), or maybe related to fishing and camping.  The TV show Friends and the Harry Potter series are also possibilities, but I haven't yet come up with anything I like out of those...

Flynn or anything similar is out - too close to my other son's name.

I would love lots of suggestions.  Here are some I've been thinking about:

Fisher

Fisk – a fish

Caddis – Fish Fly

Stillman – Fisherman

Salmon

Reed – Red Haired (I like Reed a lot, but my cousid just used this name, so it would result in two babies with the same name close together in the family).

Rory – Red King

Pyrrhus – Flame Red

I'm a tree-hugging, breastfeeding, non-circing, vaxing, co-sleeping/bed-sharing, ethical eating, nearly vegan, home-birthing, Pagan, Unitarian Universalist, pro-choice, cloth diapering, Scorpio, feminist, half-Canadian, animal activist mommy to one clever little girl (11), the cutest little boy ever born (3), two mischevious rescue mutts (fixed), and an attention starved rescue kitty (also fixed).  Married to my own personal MacGyver.

Marine. Lawyer. Mommy. Wife. 
Making Sustainability Work in Busy, Everyday Life.
Urban Earthworm

by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 12:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
CookiMakinMomma
by Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 12:40 PM
Brian Scott is nice (imo) Brian is one of Dumbledore's names.
MamaBearEH
by Silver Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 3:01 PM
  • Carmine - means crimson
  • Fox - someone with red hair
  • Jasper - a semiprescious stone red in color
  • Leroux - red haired one
  • Phoenix - dark red, mythical immortal bird
  • Rohan - red haired
  • Rowan - little red head
  • Rusty - nickname for a red head
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)