Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Contractions?

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 1:12 PM
  • 5 Replies
I'm 3 days past my due date. Yesterday at my OB apt I was only 50% effaced and 0 dilated. I'm scheduled for a repeat c section Friday. Due to a prior c section they can't induce. This morning I had cramps bad enough to wake me up that I felt in my lower back and abdomen. That was about 3.5hrs ago. They have become closer together every 6-10min but have not become stronger. They really are not that painful, but I do have a high pain tolerance. I've had irregular cramps over the last couple of weeks that did not last this long or cause back pain. Could it be true contractions?
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 1:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Denni1026
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 1:31 PM
If you are fairly close to your hospital i would just continue to time and monitor. If the pain is not getting worse and they are not getting closer together it could just be braxton hicks. But if you are a ways from your hospital it might not hurt to go in and get checked just in case.
LoveNaCupcake
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 1:33 PM
This.

Quoting Denni1026: If you are fairly close to your hospital i would just continue to time and monitor. If the pain is not getting worse and they are not getting closer together it could just be braxton hicks. But if you are a ways from your hospital it might not hurt to go in and get checked just in case.
smurfy88
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 1:34 PM
1 mom liked this
That's how my labor started and I went into full blown labor almost 24 hours later.
mlubeski
by on Aug. 2, 2014 at 1:01 PM
1 mom liked this
Those cramps lasted throughout the day but became further apart. They became closer together around 8 PM and started getting stronger and I finally went to the hospital around 2 AM and I was 4 cm dilated and 80% effaced. I gave birth at 9:44am to a beautiful healthy girl!

Quoting smurfy88: That's how my labor started and I went into full blown labor almost 24 hours later.
LoveNaCupcake
by on Aug. 2, 2014 at 1:03 PM

Congrats!!

Quoting mlubeski: Those cramps lasted throughout the day but became further apart. They became closer together around 8 PM and started getting stronger and I finally went to the hospital around 2 AM and I was 4 cm dilated and 80% effaced. I gave birth at 9:44am to a beautiful healthy girl!
Quoting smurfy88: That's how my labor started and I went into full blown labor almost 24 hours later.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)