Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Supportive husbands....

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 4:29 PM
  • 13 Replies

I love my husband to death but I feels like this pregnancy he hasn't been nearly as supportive as he was of the first one.

We work opposite schedules so its easy for some communication to fall through the cracks, but we rarely talk about this baby or pregnancy. I honestly have no clue if he's really actually excited about this baby. It will be his 2nd daughter and I'm sure he was a little disappointed it wasn't a boy, I think he's gotten over it. He is crazy about our daughter and such a great father. But he just seems more withdrawn this time around.

Any advice?

**And I have tried sitting down and talking to him about it. He thinks I'm crazy lol***

by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 4:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Larsbug
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 4:38 PM

my husband was like that with our 2nd too... I found out later, like 6 months ago, that he was going through like a "mini mid-life crisis".

DW030714
by Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 4:39 PM

How far along are you? It took my DH longer to warm up to my 2nd and 3rd pregnancies, but he got there eventually, and I'm sure yours will too.

LMMommy14
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 4:39 PM

oh dear! That would kind of make sense. He's 35 now and I dont think he is where he wants to be in life. So that sounds about right! lol

Quoting Larsbug:

my husband was like that with our 2nd too... I found out later, like 6 months ago, that he was going through like a "mini mid-life crisis".

LMMommy14
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 4:40 PM

He doesn't have much longer to warm up. I'm 35wks. So he only has a few weeks left to get it together. I'm just hoping he will snap out of it when she's actually here.

Quoting DW030714:

How far along are you? It took my DH longer to warm up to my 2nd and 3rd pregnancies, but he got there eventually, and I'm sure yours will too.

DW030714
by Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 4:43 PM

Oh my ... I'm sure he'll love that baby once he sees her then. Good luck

Quoting LMMommy14:

He doesn't have much longer to warm up. I'm 35wks. So he only has a few weeks left to get it together. I'm just hoping he will snap out of it when she's actually here.

Quoting DW030714:

Bailieboromom
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 4:46 PM
Try not to worrie (I know easy to say) we are expecting num 9. There where some moments some pg that I felt the same. I questioned him in my mind. "You said you wanted this. Your happy right? I know you want a little boy im sorry. Dont you think im as beautiful. Why dont you seem to pay as much attention to this baby in my belly as the last?" Realy all just questions in my head. I knew the answer its life he loves you no less im sure is just as excited im sure and thinks your crazy because he feels no different then the first time. But we become a little more needy of that adoration and affection into num two or three because we feel we have so much to do and have just a little less time for one another.
It can get hard but its so important to spend that time together. Even 5/10min a day And a simple holding of hands for a few min or a passonate kiss good night will make you feel so much better..
LMMommy14
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 4:49 PM

Thank you momma. That makes sense. I think I am expecting the same adoration as the 1st one. But our lives are completely different than the 1st time we got pregnant but I still want it! lol I know I need to just get over it but it would be nice if he showed a bit more enthusiasm. I guess all that matters is he's as wonderful a father to this one as he is our daughter.

Quoting Bailieboromom: Try not to worrie (I know easy to say) we are expecting num 9. There where some moments some pg that I felt the same. I questioned him in my mind. "You said you wanted this. Your happy right? I know you want a little boy im sorry. Dont you think im as beautiful. Why dont you seem to pay as much attention to this baby in my belly as the last?" Realy all just questions in my head. I knew the answer its life he loves you no less im sure is just as excited im sure and thinks your crazy because he feels no different then the first time. But we become a little more needy of that adoration and affection into num two or three because we feel we have so much to do and have just a little less time for one another. It can get hard but its so important to spend that time together. Even 5/10min a day And a simple holding of hands for a few min or a passonate kiss good night will make you feel so much better..

Larsbug
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 4:49 PM

yeah, DH was 30 when DS2 was born and he wasn't where he thought we should be, so it makes sense now, but then I didn't get it. DS2 is 2 now and we are 15 weeks with baby #3, he's much better this time.

Quoting LMMommy14:

oh dear! That would kind of make sense. He's 35 now and I dont think he is where he wants to be in life. So that sounds about right! lol

Quoting Larsbug:

LMMommy14
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 4:56 PM

Congratulations!! I'm glad he's feeling like yall are in a much better place this time. I know things change a lot within a few years. So I'm hoping we will be closer to our goals soon.

Quoting Larsbug:

yeah, DH was 30 when DS2 was born and he wasn't where he thought we should be, so it makes sense now, but then I didn't get it. DS2 is 2 now and we are 15 weeks with baby #3, he's much better this time.

Quoting LMMommy14:

Quoting Larsbug:

Cowgirl_Coyote
by Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 4:57 PM

My husband is pretty supportive of my pregnancy and he was of my first one as well. Maybe there just isn't as much excitement this time around, because it isn't new. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)