Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It's official I'm switching Doctor Offices.. Warning long read!!!!

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 10:10 PM
  • 30 Replies
1 mom liked this
I had my 13 week check up today where I was able to hear the babies heart beat for the first time.
Well I get back in the room and the nurse has a little trouble finding the heart beat but found it and it was 159. So that's all great news. She then tells me I need to have another pap done because they didn't get enough cells last month. Found that odd because I got a letter stating my pap was good. But ok no biggie.
She leaves so I can undress but not 10 seconds later the door flies open and I'm half naked just standing there. The doctor clearly sees this but doesn't shut the door or even apologize. People were walking down the hall and I was horrified!!
So then he does the pap but doesn't use that tool to open me (odd but ok I hate that anyways)
Then after that he tells me next visit I can get the test for Down syndrome and etc. then the next visit will be another ultrasound.
I say ok and prepare to ask him a question about a possible UTI. But he stands up hands me my paper and says see you next time.
What!!! I felt like crap leaving that office!!
I was embarrassed and put off like I didn't matter. I use to have a great doctor but they do not take my new insurance. I dread each appointment and I hate that!!!
I wish there were more options around here, I'm pretty limited but I will go further out if I need to.
But I just needed to vent!! I'm really upset about it all!!
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 10:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bookoholic
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 10:12 PM
1 mom liked this
What about a midwife?
toopicky429
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 10:13 PM
2 moms liked this
That is horrible. I'm sorry that happened.
courtAKAmommy
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 10:17 PM
I have looked around but I can't find any local. I'm going to try calling the labor and delivery tomorrow and see if they know of any. I don't know if my insurance will cover a midwife but it's worth a try!

Quoting Bookoholic: What about a midwife?
StaciF
by Silver Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 10:19 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh my goodness I'd of been mortified and furious!!! I'm so sorry!! Definitely switch!!!!!
Autumn19
by Ruby Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 10:34 PM
1 mom liked this
I couldn't find a good dr with either of mine
meam4444
by Emerald Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 10:35 PM
1 mom liked this

I am sooooo sorry this all happened!!!!  :-((((  How horrible.

mommy_2_be_2010
by Bronze Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 10:39 PM
They literrally made me wait an hr in a room at my ob's office doc came in and apologized because she heard me yelling if they didn't hurry up we were leaving
courtAKAmommy
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 10:46 PM
Good grief. If they weren't ready for you why call you back? I'd rather wait in the lobby with the comfy chairs and tv!

Quoting mommy_2_be_2010: They literrally made me wait an hr in a room at my ob's office doc came in and apologized because she heard me yelling if they didn't hurry up we were leaving
VinVanMom
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 10:49 PM
I'd have yelled shut the door!
rmgriffberg
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 10:50 PM
I would report that dr!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)