Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

for cesarean only moms

Posted by on Aug. 3, 2014 at 10:02 PM
  • 27 Replies
How did you get over this? I need some serious recovery tips
by on Aug. 3, 2014 at 10:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nebcutie
by Bronze Member on Aug. 3, 2014 at 10:07 PM
I am not really sure how i made it so easy with my dd. I think i was young and determined to show i was fine...this time i have plans in place and help lined up for the first few weeks just to make sure i can get around and handle everything. I also have a nurse a block away so pretty sure she will be a ton of help for me and baby. I will also jave my house stocked to last 2 months with only needing a few things my dh can pick up so that will be helpful.
mlubeski
by New Member on Aug. 3, 2014 at 10:25 PM
If you have friends and family for support ask for their help. Have them bring you meals come over and babysit while you rest. My fist was a c section and I could barely function. I lost too much weight due to forgetting to eat that with lack of sleep made things difficult.
I just had a vbac Thursday and recovery is going much better!
Newmumtobe44
by Bronze Member on Aug. 3, 2014 at 10:56 PM
My c section was a piece of cake ! I was up and walking hrs later !
mrsc19
by Member on Aug. 3, 2014 at 11:11 PM
My first c section was really bad. But my second one was much easier. From experience I would say take your pain meds on time, take it easy but walk around your house when you can-even though it will be painful and ask for help. I promise it does get easier. Get well soon.
beadingmom17
by Silver Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 12:55 AM
This! It was about 2 weeks before I could fully stand up after my oldest was born.

Quoting mrsc19: My first c section was really bad. But my second one was much easier. From experience I would say take your pain meds on time, take it easy but walk around your house when you can-even though it will be painful and ask for help. I promise it does get easier. Get well soon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sspaschal2427
by Bronze Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 12:56 AM
Me too!!!

Quoting Newmumtobe44: My c section was a piece of cake ! I was up and walking hrs later !
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamabyrd86
by Heather on Aug. 4, 2014 at 12:59 AM
My recovery was ok. Me and dd laid around a bunch lol took a couple of weeks for me to be able to move around with very little help. I'm having my second c section in January and not looking forward to it with an almost 3 year old lol
Mom2five87
by Bronze Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 1:09 AM
This. It was a breeze... not even close to the nightmare I had imagined.

Quoting Newmumtobe44: My c section was a piece of cake ! I was up and walking hrs later !
japanmommy
by Bronze Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 1:20 AM
1 mom liked this
Recover physically or emotionally?

My first recovery went very smoothly. Second not so much, quite a bit of pain. There's a belly band thing that helps. Being reclined is good too. Taking Motrin at regular intervals. And lots of water.

Emotionally is much harder. Finding somebody to talk about it with is great. Ican is a wonderful group
evilangel198431
by Bronze Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 1:21 AM
Really? Because this is the worst pain I have ever been in.

Quoting sspaschal2427: Me too!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)