Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Passed my due date induced on the 9th...how is being induced?

Posted by on Aug. 4, 2014 at 4:25 AM
  • 25 Replies
My due date was august 3rd...I'm not dilated at all. My doctor said if I don't have her by the 8th then to go into the hospital on the 9th and I will be induced...I'm scared...but excited! How is being induced? Plz help ladies
by on Aug. 4, 2014 at 4:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
beans13
by Bronze Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 8:28 AM
I was induced a week late. I am not going to lie my experience was rough. But many women have quick easy labours after induction. Just relax. Soon baby will be here. Good luck. Enjoy these last moments of pregnancy.
LuvMyBoys09
by Silver Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 8:32 AM
You don't have to have a chemical induction....try just having your water broken.
NoraDun
by Platinum Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 11:05 AM

Becareful having this done, If your body isn't ready it will just increase the risk of infection which is dangerous.

As far as induction goes if your uncomfortable don't do it. I would suggest reading up it can increase risk of complications. I hope baby comes on her own!!

Quoting LuvMyBoys09: You don't have t have a chemical induction....try just having your water broken.

LoveMyBug2013
by Bronze Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 11:08 AM
2 moms liked this

"Normal" gestation can go up to 42 weeks, so I would refuse an induction based on the calendar until that point.  Go for nonstress tests and monitoring.

You can use evening primrose oil capsules (inserted vaginally--check with your doc for dosage), sex (semen has progesterones which can trigger labor if your body is ripe for it), walking, stairs, etc. 

The healthiest way to have a medical induction is to have your membranes swept (ok at 41 weeks), use cervadil (softens cervix), and if needed pitocin (forces contractions).

Avoid Cytotec at all costs. 

rmgriffberg
by Bronze Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 11:09 AM

Please research induction. some babies need more time and having an induction when your body isnt ready usually leads to a c-section. plus pit is hell!

Bresmom13
by on Aug. 4, 2014 at 11:11 AM

My last one was induced and took me about 11 hrs from the time I walked into the hospital. I did get an epidural this time, but delivered 4 hrs after it. lol

diamondprnces
by Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 11:14 AM

When I was induced it hurt worse than when labor started on it own . 

Emily197
by Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 11:21 AM
I was induced with my son after he tried to come 2 months early the medication they have me made it so he wasn't coming at all when it was time they broke my water have me the medication to speed up the labor and it was all fast I went in at 8 am had him by 10
meam4444
by Emerald Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 12:07 PM

I was induced with my last baby.  It went pretty smoothly.  I came in for 7 am (actual induction started close to 10 am..busy day at the hospital), and I had my baby around 5:30 pm.  

mamashealovekin
by Bronze Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 12:23 PM
Induction one- 19 hours
Induction two- 16 hours
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN