Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Dirty diapers

Posted by on Aug. 4, 2014 at 4:35 PM
  • 18 Replies

Where do you dispose your dirty diapers?  My last baby was 8 yrs ago and I used these disposable scented blue bags for cheap.  They were $2 to $3 bucks-- I could throw the bags in the trash and they wouldn't stink at all. Today, I found them on Amazon now for almost $14-- that is super expensive being that you only get 50 bags and babies poop all the time.

I am not a big fan of the diaper pail... I remember using that with my first child and I thought it was inconvenient.

What works for you?

by on Aug. 4, 2014 at 4:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Autumn19
by Ruby Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 4:58 PM
1 mom liked this
I just started doing daycare.
Before we would just throw ether in the bathroom or kitchen till it was time to take it out. Not I have a small trash can just got diapers. I use a grocery bag and tips them at the end of the day
ATG499
by Bronze Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 7:04 PM
1 mom liked this

I used a Diaper Genie with my son and now we just use plastic grocery bags and the outside garbage can.

CafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers

JessiFaye
by Silver Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 7:33 PM
1 mom liked this
We use plastic grocery bags. Our trash gets taken out at least once a day.
Emmybrown
by Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 7:37 PM
We just throw them in the bathroom trash can..

Quoting Tenderheart3:

Where do you dispose your dirty diapers?  My last baby was 8 yrs ago and I used these disposable scented blue bags for cheap.  They were $2 to $3 bucks-- I could throw the bags in the trash and they wouldn't stink at all. Today, I found them on Amazon now for almost $14-- that is super expensive being that you only get 50 bags and babies poop all the time.

I am not a big fan of the diaper pail... I remember using that with my first child and I thought it was inconvenient.

What works for you?

lillucky8
by on Aug. 4, 2014 at 7:57 PM
1 mom liked this
Grocery bags tied up tight and straight outside to the big trashcan
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cali_gurl
by on Aug. 4, 2014 at 8:08 PM
1 mom liked this

Poopy diapers go straight outside to the garbage can in the yard. Urine diapers are fine in our inside garbage. We use pampers and you can't smell them in the house if you wrap them back up and seal them with their own velcro. I gave away my deluxe diaper genie. Never used it. LOL

1wildchild
by Gold Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 8:16 PM
1 mom liked this
They usually just go in the kitchen trash can but my 1 y/o's really stink so I'm about to just tie them with grocery bags and take them to the trash can outside.
esox
by Silver Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 8:24 PM

We also just use the kitchen trash can. The trash gets taken out often enough that the whole house doesn't smell. 

Heather2001
by Heather on Aug. 4, 2014 at 9:44 PM

I used a Diaper Genie with my first, cloth diapers with my second, and with my third, I just flush any poop and throw the pee dipes in the regular trash which gets taken out often.

MamaBearEH
by Bronze Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 10:23 PM
1 mom liked this

We use an open wetbag for cloth diapers, to allow air circulation / reduce stank, and poop goes in the toilet.

Have you taken a peek at a dollar store?  They sell small plastic bags (designed for picking up pet eliminations) really cheap.  Unsure of how many come on a roll.  You could tie a diaper in that then trash can it if that's your preferred method of disposal.

Quoting Tenderheart3:

What works for you?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)