Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Advice Needed: I m overweight and I want to get pregnant but...

Posted by on Aug. 4, 2014 at 9:24 PM
  • 6 Replies

I'm overweight and I want to get pregnant but I have health problems .Do you know what I can do.

by on Aug. 4, 2014 at 9:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Larsbug
by Laura on Aug. 4, 2014 at 9:31 PM

see your doctor

beadingmom17
by Silver Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 9:33 PM
See a doctor. Address your health issues and weight before getting pregnant. It'll be easier for you in the end.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaBearEH
by Silver Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 10:05 PM

Pregnancy isn't the easiest thing on your body & can make a lot of things worse.  If you have health issues it's most likely in your (and baby's) best interests to have them under control before becoming pregnant.

If you see your doctor maybe you can get an action plan together to meet your goal.

booaura
by Aurabella on Aug. 5, 2014 at 1:30 AM
Lose weight, and talk to your doctor.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rad_kitten
by on Aug. 5, 2014 at 2:11 AM

i am overweight and pregnant. i was prediabetic before i got pregnant and now have gestational diabetes. it has been hard but taught me how to eat healthier. Talk to your doctor and get a check up. if there are any issues try to take care of them before trying to get pregnant.

MixedCooke
by on Aug. 5, 2014 at 3:28 AM

low to zero carb--it will clear up the weight issue and reduce your risk of gestational diabetes, preeclampsia, need for C-section and risk of macrosomia.  FYI I was over 200 with all of my pregnancies and have actually lost weight throughout my pregnancies until just before they were born.  I am currently 37 weeks pregnant and weigh 7 lbs less than when I first took a test!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN