Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are you against 3d ultrasounds?

Posted by on Aug. 4, 2014 at 9:43 PM
  • 35 Replies
We had one today and df is panicking now that it will do something bad to the baby like cause autism or something?
by on Aug. 4, 2014 at 9:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
abifasc
by Silver Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 9:45 PM
I don't think it's healthy to get them often but once during pregnancy is fine.
Heather2001
by Heather on Aug. 4, 2014 at 9:45 PM

They aren't any better/worse than regular ultrasounds.  I am against elective ultrasounds, but if the doctor/hospital I go to has the 3D technology for my anatomy scans, I'll have them print a 3D pic or two.  =)

MrsWilk32
by on Aug. 4, 2014 at 10:06 PM
This is baby #5 for us. We've had 3D u/s done at least once, sometimes twice with each pregnancy. We also do an u/s at every dr. appointment. We haven't noticed anything 'negative' from having them done.
mommybear91
by Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 10:08 PM

With both my frist two boys they made me do two with this one I'm getting my first one on the 22nd I didn't know they can cause autism??!!!

loveyourenemy
by on Aug. 4, 2014 at 10:17 PM
They don't that anyone knows of. My df is just a worry wart

Quoting mommybear91:

With both my frist two boys they made me do two with this one I'm getting my first one on the 22nd I didn't know they can cause autism??!!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaBearEH
by Silver Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 10:19 PM

Everything comes with risks - it's just a matter of what you're comfortable with.  I'm not against ultrasounds... I'm pro-choice.  I got my SO a 3D ultrasound for Father's Day when I was pregnant last year, and I don't regret it.

Here is an article on ultrasound safety.  I think it's more controversial than anything else other than the use of dopplers, which appears to be consistently not your best choice.

mamalogan22
by on Aug. 4, 2014 at 10:39 PM
I'm not against them, I think if you want to do it then do it. I personally don't like the way they make the babies face/head and stuff look deformed. I'll stick with the normal Ultra sound. Lol (:
Emycf
by on Aug. 4, 2014 at 10:46 PM
I had one with dd. I hated it! The pictures were so creepy. I think I will decline them in future because they really bothered both dh and I. But I don't think it's dangerous to have one.
mommy2casidee
by on Aug. 4, 2014 at 11:06 PM
It's the same thing as a 2d. The computer generates the image differently, that's all.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
booaura
by on Aug. 5, 2014 at 1:29 AM
No.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN