Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Are you against 3d ultrasounds?

Posted by on Aug. 4, 2014 at 9:43 PM
  • 35 Replies
We had one today and df is panicking now that it will do something bad to the baby like cause autism or something?
by on Aug. 4, 2014 at 9:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
abifasc
by Silver Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 9:45 PM
I don't think it's healthy to get them often but once during pregnancy is fine.
Heather2001
by Heather on Aug. 4, 2014 at 9:45 PM

They aren't any better/worse than regular ultrasounds.  I am against elective ultrasounds, but if the doctor/hospital I go to has the 3D technology for my anatomy scans, I'll have them print a 3D pic or two.  =)

MrsWilk32
by Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 10:06 PM
This is baby #5 for us. We've had 3D u/s done at least once, sometimes twice with each pregnancy. We also do an u/s at every dr. appointment. We haven't noticed anything 'negative' from having them done.
mommybear91
by Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 10:08 PM

With both my frist two boys they made me do two with this one I'm getting my first one on the 22nd I didn't know they can cause autism??!!!

loveyourenemy
by Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 10:17 PM
They don't that anyone knows of. My df is just a worry wart

Quoting mommybear91:

With both my frist two boys they made me do two with this one I'm getting my first one on the 22nd I didn't know they can cause autism??!!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaBearEH
by Silver Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 10:19 PM

Everything comes with risks - it's just a matter of what you're comfortable with.  I'm not against ultrasounds... I'm pro-choice.  I got my SO a 3D ultrasound for Father's Day when I was pregnant last year, and I don't regret it.

Here is an article on ultrasound safety.  I think it's more controversial than anything else other than the use of dopplers, which appears to be consistently not your best choice.

mamalogan22
by Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 10:39 PM
I'm not against them, I think if you want to do it then do it. I personally don't like the way they make the babies face/head and stuff look deformed. I'll stick with the normal Ultra sound. Lol (:
Emycf
by Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 10:46 PM
I had one with dd. I hated it! The pictures were so creepy. I think I will decline them in future because they really bothered both dh and I. But I don't think it's dangerous to have one.
mommy2casidee
by Bronze Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 11:06 PM
It's the same thing as a 2d. The computer generates the image differently, that's all.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
booaura
by Aurabella on Aug. 5, 2014 at 1:29 AM
No.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN